[Little Guide] Enabling Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for Fenvi FV-T919 (BCM94360CD) in Sonoma macOS 14

verdazil

20 posts in this topic

Enabling Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for Fenvi FV-T919 (BCM94360CD) in Sonoma macOS 14

1.  Set the following settings in the OpenCore configuration file:

a) Misc ---> Security ---> SecureBootModel: Disabled

b) NVRAM ---> Add ---> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 ---> csr-active-config: EF0F0000

2. Restart your computer and reset NVRAM

3. Build the OpenCore Legacy Patcher (master version)

4. Make OCLP Root-patch for legacy wireless with the following settings, don't restart your computer when you're done!:

2023-09-20.png.489f7daef70dd0b73e45fc1ca4ac84d5.png

5. Set the following settings in the OpenCore configuration file:

a) NVRAM ---> Add ---> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 ---> boot-args: amfi=0x80

b) Add 3 entries for kexts and disable native IOSkywalkFamily.kext in the OpenCore configuration file

6. Add two attached kexts to /EFI/OC/Kexts

7. Restart your computer and reset NVRAM. Your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth should now be working.

Note: the instructions should work for other legacy, OCLP supported Broadcom modules

config.plist.zip Kext.zip

Edited by verdazil
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have fenvi t919. In Ventura, BT and WiFi works without any patch or kext. In sonoma, only works BT. For WiFi, I did everything by your recomandations, but I didn't success with OC legacy patcher. WiFi now works, but can not get network. From time to time wifi try to get signal and stop. Any sugestion?

3 hours ago, sashamed said:

I have fenvi t919. In Ventura, BT and WiFi works without any patch or kext. In sonoma, only works BT. For WiFi, I did everything by your recomandations, but I didn't success with OC legacy patcher. WiFi now works, but can not get network. From time to time wifi try to get signal and stop. Any sugestion?

Add -brcmfxbeta to boot-args if you cannot connect to Wi-Fi after applying root patches (More Details)

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sashamed said:

I don't know what is wrong with my Sonoma 14.1.1 but OCLP 1.2.1 can't do root patch. Any sugestion?

Have you got the necessary kexts in your EFI Folder and in the correct order?

It would be helpful if you upload your EFI Folder here so that members can take a look and see if anything is amiss.

Every time, when I change something in OC, I reseted nvram. I'm doing nothing wrong. I think that something is wrong with OS. I find some other errors. For example, in FCPX I can't change or modify command set. Another thing is I can't change time zone. It is stucked in pacific time, but I need european. Next thing is impossibility to disabling SIP. I think I would come back to ventura. I'll attach my config.plist. 

config.plist.zip

Edited by sashamed

10 hours ago, sashamed said:

Every time, when I change something in OC, I reseted nvram.

I wonder how you do this if there is no entry for the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver in the UEFI ---> Drivers section.

Practically all entries in the DeviceProperties ---> Add section of the config are useless and must be deleted.

Fix the order of kext entries in the Kernel ---> Add section, it's chaos there.

Edited by verdazil
  • Like 1

@verdazil - I agree, to be honest some X299 Boards can be problematic and the state of his config.plist does not help at all.

Personally I think he needs to construct his EFI Folder from the beginning without OCLP to get rid of all the unnecessary entries, once that is achieved and stable, then OCLP can be implemented.

Until this is done, he'll be chasing his tail so to speak.

• Like 3