Xcode wont install

MacL0ver

6 posts in this topic

When i install xcode, it says "Please try installing again."

I have 2 gigs of space left, so its not a space issue.

Try running Diskutil and repairing permissions. Are you using the install DVD or the Deadmoo dd image?

Try running Diskutil and repairing permissions. Are you using the install DVD or the Deadmoo dd image?

I had the same situation twice with SSE2 P4 when installing from patched DVD.

No other way than giving up Xcode tools!!

But install was OK with SSE3 Desktop.

Deadmoo install, SSE2 P4

I've been digging around on this one ... most probably it's that your system is SSE2. Everyone I asked with working Xcode tools on Deadmoo is running SSE3 You might have to give up on this one unless someone knows different?

-s-

I installed XCode since my first installation in PearPC and a real Mac.

You can install Tiger X86 and Xcode in PearPC, then copy the Developer folder to your HD since the image creaded in pearPC can be mounted on Mac OS X.

Maybe it's a longer and tedious procedure.

I've been digging around on this one ... most probably it's that your system is SSE2. Everyone I asked with working Xcode tools on Deadmoo is running SSE3 You might have to give up on this one unless someone knows different?

-s-

I have Xcode working on my SSE2 AMD 3500+, but install it is another story I suppose.

EDIT:

I can confirm that SSE2 has nothing to do with it, I uninstalled Xcode, then reinstalled without problems, I used my Maklar DVD.

Maybe the patched DVD has problems or your installation has not the correct patched files.