Ventura on a Chinese Machinist X99 D8-Max Dual CPU Motherboard

cbushjr56

1 post in this topic

This haas been a challenge to put Ventura on. I searched and found guides for the single CPU but not for the Dual. The specs. for my Hack is:

Machinist X99 D8-Max Motherboard

Dual E5-2696 v4 22-cores CPUs

256GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 DDR4 RAM

1x Western Digital Black Label 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD

1x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD

2x 8TB Seagate Exos drives

AMD Radeon Vega 64 Frontier Edition 16GB Video Card

Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi Card

Enermax Makashi II MKT50 Case

HP x34 34” 166MHz Monitor

Working:

Power Management

USB

WiFI (with WifI card)

Not Working:

Sound

If you use the Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi card you will not have front USB 2.0 ports. This motherboard only has 1 USB 2.0 Header so you have to make a choice of having Bluetooth or USB ports. I choose Bluetooth.

Requirements:

macOS Ventura downloaded from the App Store

A PC or Virtual Machine running Mac OS X 10.9 or later

The x99.zip attached below (has my EFI folder).

These instructions might work with other Chinese Dual Socket motherboard but you will need to get a compatible Wifi card (the ethernet port works OOB).

You need to have a computer or virtual machine running Mac OS X 10.9 or later. Download the macOS Ventura.app from the App Store. Now we can began. The first thing is to prepare a USB drive for the macOS Installer. Open up Disk Utilities, click on the USB drive then click on Erase. For a Name use USB, Format use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Scheme use GUID and then click apply.

Now to make the Ventura USB drive. Type the following in Terminal (easy way is to copy & paste):

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Ventura.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Ventura.app –nointeraction

Once the process is finished you will have a USB Drive that is named Install macOS Ventura. Now use Clover Configurator and mount the EFI partition on the USB Drive. Copy the EFI Folder from the zip file to the EFI partition included with x99.zip. Copy the x99 folder to the USB drive. Besure to enter your own Serial numbers using the Clover Configurator.

Now comes the fun part. Boot the computer with the USB attached. First hit F9 to enter the BIOS. Set the SATA to AHCI, set to boot from USB drive and disable Secure Boot. Click apply and reboot. From the Clover screen select Boot OS X Install from Install macOS Ventura. Congrats in a little while you will be greeted with the install screen.

At the Ventura install screen choose Disk Utilities and Ease your hard drive with the following options: For me I name the hard drive macOS, Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Scheme use GUID and then click apply. Then exit the Disk Utilities back to the install screen. Now choose Install macOS Ventura then click Continue twice, Agree to the License, then choose your hard drive to install to.

After the install is finished leave the USB drive attached and reboot. On reboot At the Clover screen select macOS and it will boot up to the setup screen. Once you get to the Desktop use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partitions on the USB stick and on the hard drive. Copy the EFI folder copy the EFI folder from the USB drive to macOS drive. Reboot without the USB stick and Enjoy.

x99.zip

• Like 1