How sort the Internal hard drives

uran0s

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I have done quite a bit of research on the subject, without finding hardly anything talking about the topic, and even less, solutions.

I have several internal drives, from Nvme in PCI-E slot, Nvme M2 on board, 4 drives in sata ports on board and 2 more drives in gsata on board (Marvell chip).

In System Information everything appears correctly, in disk utility it appears random, which doesn't interest me much anymore. What I would like to see in order, is in programs that I use image editing for ex, but the mac os mounts half of randomly, sometimes a simple reboot changes the order of two drives.

In the terminal if you put the command " df " it shows the order they are appearing in the programs. However, and I have tried disconnecting all the drives, connecting one by one according to the order I want and nothing happens, including exchanging some ports with others.

My question is, isn't it possible, as in windows (C, D, E...), to tell the system that I want to mount the drives in x order (disk1, disk2, disk3, disk4...)? Is this possible in a configuration in the OS, or does it have to do with the bootloader?

I use mac os Ventura, opencore 0.8.8, smbios imacpro1.1.

I leave print screen of how the OS mounts the disks.

Regards

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 10.57.03.png