"OBC: LoadImage failed - Unsupported" Installing Ventura on Dell T3500

carsonr

5 posts in this topic

Hello InsanelyMac community,

I am trying to hackintosh a Dell Precision T3500, but I am running into an issue when I try to install Ventura.

When I go to select "macOS Installer" I am met with the error "OBC: LoadImage failed - Unsupported," I have tried both an online and offline installer, both seemed to have the same error.

Screenshot_2023-01-18_at_10_59.42_AM.png.62d34c04b3baa3b32c3ed2ff031d7b5b.png

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a screenshot of my EFI setup and I have also attached my config.plist

809866915_Screenshot2023-01-18at11_07_28AM.thumb.png.ef625199dd1d31a4d6cc183da68505c1.png

config.plist

My Specifications:

CPU: Intel Xeon X5570 Quad Core
RAM: 8GBs non-ecc
HDD: 250GB
GPU: PowerColor AMD Radeon R7 250X
MOBO: Dell 9KPNV Precision T3500 WorkStation LGA 1366 DDR3 SDRAM Motherboard

Thank you in advance I am really hoping for some help because I haven't found a fix yet.

Edited by carsonr
update added specifications

15 minutes ago, Jazzoo said:

You need to provide more details about the system. Also fill your specs as per rules.

I've added the specifications on the thread. I can provide any needed details, let me know what else I can provide.

11 minutes ago, Jazzoo said:

Your CPU is missing AVX2.0 and your GPU is supported up to Monterey. I would do a step back and try Monterey first.

I have added CryptexFixup.kext to circumvent the AVX2.0 requirement, and I am planning to handle the GPU issue with OCLP.

I am however, looking to use the new camera features that are present in Ventura, so I am looking to install Ventura.