2023 Build

pathosmusic

6 posts in this topic

I am looking to replace my 2011 hackintosh build with a new one. I have read a bit about it and I am a little worried about compatibility with future OS versions. I barely use my Mac side anymore, since my 2017 macbook pro has been more powerful than my desktop for some time. Basically I am looking to build a new PC for gaming, but with the option to pretty easily install OSX when I get around to it. Any links to builds that could accomplish this?

1 hour ago, pathosmusic said:

I am a little worried about compatibility with future OS versions.

If future compatibility is a major concern, get an AppleSilicon Mac!

Intel support will soon be thing of the past.

1 hour ago, pathosmusic said:

Basically I am looking to build a new PC for gaming, but with the option to pretty easily install OSX when I get around to it.

Two options:

1. Select an AMD dGPU that is both supported by macOS and suitable for your gaming needs. Then you can pick any CPU/motherboard you want, up to and including Alder/Raptor Lake and Z690/Z790.

2. Rely on the iGPU for macOS. Then you're limited to 10th generation CPU (NOT 11th!) on Z490 (NOT Z590!) (or older), but you can pick any GPU you want for Windows gaming, including nVidia which would then be disabled by SSDT for macOS.

Either way, there are many possible builds to follow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, etorix said:

Two options:

1. Select an AMD dGPU that is both supported by macOS and suitable for your gaming needs. Then you can pick any CPU/motherboard you want, up to and including Alder/Raptor Lake and Z690/Z790.

2. Rely on the iGPU for macOS. Then you're limited to 10th generation CPU (NOT 11th!) on Z490 (NOT Z590!) (or older), but you can pick any GPU you want for Windows gaming, including nVidia which would then be disabled by SSDT for macOS.

Either way, there are many possible builds to follow.

Thanks for your response, and so quick! Is there a list on here of all supported GPUs and components? Also any builds that work almost 100% out of the box with the OSX side? I remember my current build needing very little to make everything work back in the day.

The list is the relevant section of the forum. Or of other hackintoshing forums…

For minimal work, follow one build which is well documented and maintained. You may proceed the other way around: Set sight on a motherboard and then look if there are successful build reports.

Supported dGPU (for recent cards it boils down to RX 6600 or 6800/6900 but NOT 6700):

https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/amd-gpu.html#native-amd-gpus

7 hours ago, LockDown said:

Hi, can you link me on this SSDT please 🙂

This?

Yes. You must make your own since it depends on everything: board, GPU and the slot it's in!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 2:41 AM, etorix said:

Couldn't agree more.  If you're buying the latest hardware because you want to run Windows and as an aside, you want to continue hacking for the fun of it, buy the latest Windows hardware.  If you need to run MacOS on the latest hardware, buy Apple Silicon.

Edited by deeveedee