Monterey 12.6.1 on Dell Latitude 5510 stop working trackpad [solved]

Aigors

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I'v just updated my Latitude 5510 to 12.6.1 and trackpad stops to working, before upgrading trackpad was working only like a mouse, no gestures.

Actually i have only VoodooPS2Controller.kext in kext folder, every other kext doesn't work, is there a way to know which trackpad type a i have on my laptop? 
Thanks 

Edited by Aigors
Solved

Do you have another OS (like Windows or Linux on a USB?) That'd be the easiest way to figure out what trackpad you have. Since it's a latitude, it's probably I2C and uses the generic HID stuff, so you'd want VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID.kext. Having other input kexts can cause issues, so I'd keep it down to VoodooPS2, VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID.

Edited by 1Revenger1
  • Like 1

Just now, 1Revenger1 said:

Do you have another OS (like Windows or Linux on a USB?) That'd be the easiest way to figure out what trackpad you have. Since it's a latitude, it's probably I2C and uses the generic HID stuff, so you'd want VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID.kext. Having other input kexts can cause issues, so I'd keep it down to VoodooPS2, VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID.

Yes, i can run windows to check, and you right, maybe is I2c device 
image.png.00f7ea3bc3441a76c34b9a7ea06963c3.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jazzoo said:

Should be okay with the kexts provided. I have my l2C fully working with gestures. Test and give us feedback.

Do it's normal ? 
image.png.dcdb8427e03cd89dd259178cafeee68f.png

7 minutes ago, Jazzoo said:

Should be okay with the kexts provided. I have my l2C fully working with gestures. Test and give us feedback.

Nope, with your's three kexts doesn't works after i chose to disable VooDooPS2Controller.kext

20 minutes ago, Aigors said:

Do it's normal ? 
image.png.dcdb8427e03cd89dd259178cafeee68f.png

Nope, with your's three kexts doesn't works after i chose to disable VooDooPS2Controller.kext

Yeah that's normal. VoodooPS2Controller and VoodooI2C both come with their own copy of VoodooInput. If they are both enabled, macOS will panic and not boot. ProperTree is just making sure you only have one enabled.
I would keep VoodooPS2Controller.kext and VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext enabled, as you need them for the keyboard. You can (and probably should) disable VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad, as they can interfere with VoodooI2C.
Additionally, you can try adding the boot-arg "-vi2c-force-polling" to see if the trackpad works in polling mode. If it does work in polling mode, you may need to set the GPIO pin. If it doesn't not, we may need to set some I2C bus values first so that VoodooI2C is able to talk to the trackpad before we can work on setting the GPIO pin.

13 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Yeah that's normal. VoodooPS2Controller and VoodooI2C both come with their own copy of VoodooInput. If they are both enabled, macOS will panic and not boot. ProperTree is just making sure you only have one enabled.
I would keep VoodooPS2Controller.kext and VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext enabled, as you need them for the keyboard. You can (and probably should) disable VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad, as they can interfere with VoodooI2C.
Additionally, you can try adding the boot-arg "-vi2c-force-polling" to see if the trackpad works in polling mode. If it does work in polling mode, you may need to set the GPIO pin. If it doesn't not, we may need to set some I2C bus values first so that VoodooI2C is able to talk to the trackpad before we can work on setting the GPIO pin.

Thanks a Lot! Nope, with you kexts combination and command line, still doesn't work.
How i can check GPIO pin? 

Thanks 

Good NEWS! Lurking on the net i discovered these SSDTSSDTS-5510-Touchpad.zip, in combination with 

VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
AlpsHID.kext

and 
Command-line 

-vi2c-force-polling

Works as expected 

Kexts.zip

Edited by Aigors
Added kexts
  • Like 2