How do I correctly change SMBIOS to install Monterey

repzilon

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to install macOS Monterrey on a Lenovo M93p tiny (Core i5-4570T, HD4600, no dGPU) on which I successfully installed Big Sur using an OpenCore 0.8.3-based EFI. I am trying to update my SMBIOS information so Monterey installation will proceed instead of saying "This volume cannot be updated to Monterey because this Mac is too old". My attempt did no work, but when I searched for the Mac model inside config.plist, I saw many old model entries. What is happening? Should I change them all? Or remove them?

Capture d’écran, le 2022-09-14 à 20.36.42.png

Something messy is happening in your config.plist. Clean it up and choose the correct SMBIOS. You have selected MacbookPro11,1 for your system which is not the best suitable option as you are using desktop. The other one is also wrong - iMac16,2 is using Broadwell, and your computer is using Haswell. Go for Macmini7,1. You can use this tool - GenSMBIOS

Edited by Jazzoo
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 9:23 PM, $tealth said:

use the Maldon Haswell EFI version it works perfectly for Haswell. I also have Lenovo M93p SFF. Just change the serial using the "Opencore Configurator" Software 

Maldon's Haswell EFI is perfect. 

EFI.zip 5.21 MB · 0 downloads

I have sucessfully used an EFI made by Maldon, which I downloaded from his forum at olarila.com , to install Big Sur on that computer. Now, I just tried the download above and changed the serial with GenSMBIOS, but I still have the error when I try to install Monterey. What else can I do?