Poor Wireless with Airport Express

4 posts in this topic

I can Pick up neighbors wireless almost anywhere in my house 4 floors including basment floor, but my airport express seems really poor. any tips on gettin a better signal...

Seemed ok, for the first couple of days.. the Basestation is in my room in the Basment floor, if i move directly above it by 1 floor into the dining room I loose 1 - 2 bars, in the floor above in the living room it is unusable now, im pretty sure on day one i had it working fine in there with 3 - 4 bars..

i reset the base station to defaults, removed entries from keychain and am in the process of trying different settings aiport admin utility.

any other things i can try , i may have to move to a middle floor to get better coverage both upstairs and downstairs, until i can get myself another to setup a wds.

i changed the channel to 2 from automatic and turned on interference robustness in aiport admin utilil. seems ok now. I live in a big house (4 floors) so perhaps i am expecting to much. but now i am getting 2 - 3 bars on the second floor, base station is in basement.

if i move it to the first floor i should get decent coverage on all floors