Network speed problem

notobo

5 posts in this topic

From the first hackintosh day, I was confronted with wrong Mbps network speed test reading. Only chrome based browser give exact speed, Safari, Firefox and many others split DL speed approx. in half. New network check in terminal from  Monterey also give totaly wrong reading for both UL and DL . But, when I download from servers, full speed is exact in MB from any browser. Speed is check with Ethernet connection. OC Kext is AppleIntelE1000e 3.3.7. 

Somebody have answer?

From Chrome and Safari, Monterey 12.5 + terminal check.

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 09.58.56.png

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 10.01.12.png

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 10.12.10.png

Edited by notobo

Thnx, but I tried this kext which gives me kernel panic. It does not function at all with 82566DM-2 Intel  controller. Btw this symptom is all time, from Sierra upwards only on Mozilla and Webkit engine... Chromium engine function correctly on every browser from Google Chrome, Brave, MS Edge...Terminal comand networkquality on Monterey also gives wrong reading wheather I boot from Open Core or Clover.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

IntelMausi not suitable for that type of LAN card afaik. Did you try the good old Intel82566M kext? It still works perfectly in Monterey (with Clover or OpenCore of course). What's the PCI id of your LAN card? This must be for an old desktop.

As per our published rules, do post your system's specs in signature.

tried everything....including good old 82566, same problem....desktop is rather  like yours dell vostro, arhaic hp7800sff with c2duo8400, nvidia 710, two ssd+hard...everythings runs excellent (for this type of machine),except sleep because of lack original apple bt card.

this problem is rather stupid, because in my opinion it is not related to the kext... in that case chrome browser will have same symptoms. ID is 8086:10BD

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 23.30.56.png

Edited by notobo

Problem is not related to Monterey or any other Apple OS, or Hackintosh. It is well known symptom of Mozilla with fast networks, cable or fiber.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1269272

You can find hundred indexes about this problem. 

Case solved for Mozilla, now try to find solutions and answers  for Webkit-Safari with the same symptom.

When I had cable 100/10, everything works how it should be on any browser. Today with fiber 500/250 I have this situation.

Edited by notobo