OpenCore Z590 Stuck on Stuck on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

6 posts in this topic

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700k

Mobo: ASRock Z590 Extreme

macOS: Monterey (unknown exact version, assuming latest)

I recently upgraded my computer's motherboard and CPU to the above-listed hardware, and after rebuilding the OpenCore boot loader from scratch, I can't get past

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

Not only have I followed Dortania's OpenCore setup guide, I also followed their troubleshooting page on booter, kernel patching, and UEFI issues associated with [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]. Still, no dice.
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/extended/kernel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start

OpenCore sanity checkers say everything about the config.plist was above-board, so I don't believe the problem lies there; I could pretty easily be wrong, though.
I've posted my EFI here, with unique identifiers scrubbed, of course.

Thanks for any assistance.

Foxy Gekkerson EFI 6-20-22.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 3:14 AM, 5T33Z0 said:

@Foxy Gekkerson There were servere formal errors in this config. Please use OpenCore Auxiliary tools for editing the config and updating kexts, drivers and OpenCore next time.

EFI.zip 4.5 MB · 1 download

I rebuilt OpenCore from scratch using OCAT instead of ProperTree.

The boot process now gets past [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START], but I'm still not able to get into my primary Mac drive.

I can get into a rescue copy of macOS installed on an HDD, but there's no response from the keyboard or mouse, so I can't log in.

The rescue HDD isn't my primary macOS partition anyway.

The attached screenshot shows where the boot process now gets stuck when I try booting into my macOS SSD.

image.thumb.jpeg.06807e99483e883b4bd9d1706f188590.jpeg 
In case my storage configuration is relevant, my motherboard is again the ASRock Z590 Extreme.

My Winows SSD is on a Samsung MZVPV256HDGL m.2 stick in the m2_2 slot directly in the motherboard.
My macOS SSD is on a Kingston Predator 240 GB m.2 stick in its included m.2-to-PCIE adapter in the PCIE_3 slot.
I also have five HDDs connected to all the motherboard's SATA ports except SATA3_1.

The motherboard's manual says on Page 5 that if there's an m.2 drive in slot m2_2, SATA3_1 will be disabled; I have nothing connected to it.

It also says that if m2_3 is occupied, SATA3_4 and SATA3_5 will also be disabled.

Foxy Gekkerson EFI 6-28-22.zip

Use this EFI folder with some observations: EFI Foxy Gekkerson.zip

-Use USB2 port for easy installation with no remap USB
-Users with IGPU can use -igfxvesa bootarg for easy installation
-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files
-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead
-Reset NVRAM one time - with OpenCore use entry "Reset Nvram"

You need check about m.2 compatibility. Kingston and Samsung have some problematics m.2.

Enjoy