Can CPU PL2 be changed with an EFI application (like CFGLock)?

deeveedee

78 posts in this topic

@rafale77 Thanks for trying.  It's possible that I self-signed the build for local execution and that you need to build your own pciutils as I have done here.

EDIT: @rafale77 I haven't found evidence that there is a memory-map that configures undervolting (analogous to 0xFED159A0).  Before I experiment further, I want to verify MCHBAR for my rig.  I'm reluctant to write the memory location without confirmation.  It's a low priority for me, so it can wait.

Edited by deeveedee

HP notified me that they are examining the HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini BIOS to determine why PL2 doesn't auto-increase when the power adapter is changed from 90W to 150W.  Maybe there's hope that I won't need to make any ACPI mods.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

HP has closed my Package Power Limit / BIOS bug report, acknowledging the issue but choosing not to make any changes.  According to HP, they agree that there is a difference in behavior of the G4 Mini and G5 Mini BIOS (where the G4 Mini auto-increases Package Power Limit when powered by a 150W adapter, but the G5 Mini does not).  If they were to make any changes, they would change the G4 Mini BIOS (hopefully they don't) and leave the G5 Mini BIOS unchanged.  For HP, the amount of testing required after making the Package Power Limit change is not worth the effort.