Not Bluetooth in Big Sur 10.11.6 and not in Monterey 12.2.1 and Beta 12.3

AlfredoM

2 posts in this topic

Hello

I switched from OC 0.6.6 with MSI B250 motherboard i5-7600 Intel processor. Everything is ok, e

xcept Bluetottoth doesn't work, although everything

works in OC 0.6.6. BT does not work on Big Sur 11.6.5, Monterey 12.2.1 and Beta 12.3.
The BT can be activated but then no device appears in the system settings.

I have the BCM94360CD card. WiFi works ok. SMBIOS is iMac 19,1 we bevor in OC 0.6.6 an work

I used this as a kexte for Bluetooth:
BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRam3.kext and as a test the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.

With the latter with and without this no change.

Also kextes like Lilu, ALC and WEG are up to date.

What could be the problem ? and with OC 0.6.6 EVERYTHING works fine.
thanks for help

UPDATE:

BT problem solved.. very labile careless mistake, I accidentally entered "true" instead of "false" in OC - Quirks for

the XHCI-unsupportet.kext, since I use the UsbAllInject.kext.

Now BT goes straight away and now Airport too. Tested with my iPhone and iPad and iMac, all ok.

Edited by AlfredoM

On 3/13/2022 at 10:42 AM, Hervé said:

BCM94360CD, being an Apple card, works OOB and requires no add-on kexts a all; you can therefore remove those firmware patching kexts that are of no-use at all for that card.

I use such card in my Dell Latitude E6230 laptop without issue under Big Sur and a closely related BCM94360CS2 in my Latitude E7270 without issue under Big Sur and Monterey. Those have always worked and still work 100% OOB.

You likely have a USB-related issue.

Yes, it is probably the USB problem, which I have now solved with the XHCI-unsupportet.kext.
So you mean that I can remove all the BT kexts and it would still work?
You're actually right, because the OC 0.6.6. I didn't have any Bluetooth kexte in it and it worked.

I will test it tonight am currently on the iMac

UPDATE: 

I'm on the hack right now... you're absolutely right, it doesn't require a single bluetooth kext.

Just like it was before with OC 0.6.6. It was just the error in my USB ports and that the XHCI-unsupported.kext

was set to true instead of false.

I'm attaching a photo from Hackintool for you, I don't know how to patch these USB ports so that ALL USB ports work

and not just a few. could you help me with this ?

Do you need any information from me about this? I would be happy to learn that this 15 port limit is no longer there.

USB-Ports.jpg

Edited by AlfredoM