[Help] Prohibitory sign during install of Catalina on Dell Latitude E6410

zydoslav

30 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@zydoslav A quick note - if you don't absolutely need Catalina or newer and you can live with Mojave, there are aspects of Mojave that work better than Catalina.  For example, Microsoft Office apps have some strange quirks when running on your Latitude E6410 / Catalina that are not a problem with Mojave.  The same is true on a real MacBookPro6,2.  I have High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina installed on my Dell Latitude E6410, and believe it or not, I prefer High Sierra.  High Sierra is the last OS that "runs natively" on the Dell E6410 without needing the DosDude patcher, because all of the NVidia drivers are part of the OS.  You will find that your Latitude E6410 behaves virtually identically to the real MacBookPro6,2 (with the same limitations as well).

@deeveedee I am going to try XCode on Catalina, we will see if there will be any problems with that. If there will be any performance issues, I will think about buying something like Dell XPS L702x with i7, I think there are some chances to run Catalina on that, maybe something more than Catalina? We will see. :)

@zydoslav I have XCode installed in High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina on my Dell Latitude E6410 (different versions of XCode, of course).  It installs and runs without problems.  I'm sure your experience will be the same.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, @zydoslav am having the same problem trying to install catalina on dell lattitude E6510, I tried the same flash drive on an hp laptop and it worked fine but will not install on my Dell lattitude E6510. Please is there anything I need to know, probably if you can share the EFi you use, thanks.

25 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Pass your way if you have the Intel HD graphics model. If you have the model with nVidia graphics, just follow the guide linked on p1.

I have gone through the guide. Am a new bee in hackintosh, I have an Nvidia quadro fx 1800m graphics, can you please explain better on how to go about in solving this problem. 

Edited by Ibsoft

• 5 months later...