Reset NVRAM option missing from picker despite AllowNVRAMReset=True in config.plist

RePete222

4 posts in this topic

Don't know whether this is a legitimate bug in OpenCore (version 0.7.6), or if there's some other subtlety I'm missing, but according to the doc, having Misc/Security/AllowNVRAMReset set to True should cause a Reset NVRAM option to appear on the picker menu.  I have mine set to True, but never see a Reset NVRAM option in the picker menu.  What's up with that?

That did it--HideAuxiliary was indeed set to True; I changed it to False and now see Reset NVRAM in the picker.  Thanks! :)

The configuration doc really needs to mention the dependency of AllowNVRAMReset on HideAuxiliary.  That would have saved me some aggravation.

• Like 1

From PDF 😉  0.7.6

6. System entries, such as Reset NVRAM, are added as primary auxiliary options.
The display order of the boot options in the OpenCore picker and the boot process are determined separately from the
scanning algorithm.
The display order as follows:
• Alternate options follow corresponding primary options. That is, Apple recovery options will follow the relevant
macOS option whenever possible.
• Options will be listed in file system handle firmware order to maintain an established order across reboots
regardless of the operating system chosen for loading.
• Custom entries, tools, and system entries will be added after all other options.
• Auxiliary options will only be displayed upon entering “Extended Mode” in the OpenCore picker (typically by
pressing the Space key).

• Like 1