Gigabyte X570S PRO AX Wifi and Bluetooth

sebtech

3 posts in this topic

Hi !

I almost finished the installation of my first Ryzentosh but wifi and bluetooth doesn't work until now. I'm honestly a bit confuses regarding finding a fix by myself. I already tried several things but without success. That's why I would like to have a small help to help me understand where I can start to looking for a solution. No worries, absolutely every thing is working except wifi and bluetooth.

What I have already test for these issues :

Wifi :
- Put the itlwm.kext  (v2.1.0) into EFI folder ( no success, unable to enable Wifi )
- Put the AirportItlwm.kext  (v2.1.0) into EFI folder ( no success, unable to turn on Wifi )

Bluetooth :
- Put the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext & BlueToolFixup.kext into the EFI folder ( no success, unable to turn on Bluetooth )
- Put the BrcmFirmwareData.kext & BrcmPatchRAM3.kext & BlueToolFixup.kext, in this order, into the EFI folder ( no success, unable to turn on Bluetooth and the mouse cursor becomes very laggy like, looks like system will crash )

As fas as I understand, on this motherboard the wireless controller ( MediaTek Reference : MT7921K ) manage both Bluetooth and Wifi, correct me if I say something wrong but maybe that's because it is not a Broadcom device I couldn't make it work with BrcmPatch files ?
Also, I don't understand why I got different informations about Device and Vendor ID ( please see attached file ) when I take a look into the system report or in hackintool peripherials tabs.

Anywayyyyy, I'm a bit confused and some help would be welcome :)

Current build :

- Gigabyte X570S PRO AX ( Bios up to date )

- Ryzen 5950X

- MSI 6900XT Gaming X

- macOS 12.1

- OC 0.7.6 ( all kexts up to date )

- SMBios MacPro7,1

Capture d’écran 2022-01-16 à 17.15.18.png

Edited by sebtech
spellings

Many thanks for your clear informations and your sources.
As far as I see, there is nowhere mentioned Intel or Broadcom into the documentations, so it appears this card it based on their own chipset Mediatek.
So there is no hope for me to get any wireless connection on this build.
I'll still send a message to this guy who work on Mediatek devices for macOS.

Merci encore, et c'est marrant, je viens de voir que tu étais français, moi aussi 😉

Edited by sebtech

7 minutes ago, Hervé said:

As I said, Chris1111 does not write drivers; he merely collects those that have been published over the years by manufacturer's and fits them into his own installation package.  That's a far as his tool goes.

Sorry but I think your post wasn't be updated when I was replying...
And refering to the Gigabyte's documentation, since the 1.1 PCB revision, the wireless module has changed :

Capture d’écran 2022-01-16 à 20.31.17.png

Edited by sebtech