(Solved)GA-Q170M-D3H creating uefi boot option every time i reboot

RobertX

8 posts in this topic

the entries all point to the same uefi partition... where clover resides...I noticed it happening while rebooting, setting up I didn't have the bios settings right for mac..macOS was second boot device...after an unusable windows drive, formatted MBR...so bios was set for legacy boot, not uefi....as I changed the bios and rebooted uefi ....the uefi partition 1 started having babies....and adds another at each reboot....so it's a hardware bios problem I guess... :smoke:

...well, current bios F1 includes Q-Flash utility...the utility fails to update bios from usb drive...it sees it, but when I select normal update...fail...any ideas as I have no windows installation to fall back to?

...here is what i get with the bios when I dl from GA 

mb_bios_ga-q170m-d3h_f23d.zip

Edited by RobertX
removed silly keyboard question

...well, got the bios flashed with Q-Flash...one of the bios options on this board, Intel Bios Guard, blocks sw intrusion at bios level...hadn't noticed that... disabled that...rebooted into bios, entered Q-Flash utility and flashed to newest bios F23d... another reboot, no boot to bios...forgot to reset cmos...did that...boot into new bios...now only 3 boot options, uefi  partition 1 clover bootloader, uefi partition 1 of thumb drive, was a clover partition where I put my bios to flash, and the third uefi  partition2 OS on hitachi, which is my apple os drive...first boot, so some bios settings had to be reconfigured...I notice something new in ioregistry,  AppleLMUController under ALS0...

...but anway, thanks for hanging in there with me while I'm re-educating my brain... :smoke:

Les’s iMac after bios update.zip