OpenCore Intel UHD 630 Dual Screen

erdemc

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a problem with UHD 630. Problem is, I have a 2 external monitor and I plugin DP and HDMI on my labtop, after then, 2 externel monitor opened but 2 screen is same like a mirror, but not a mirror issue, I'm open the Settings->Display window and I see just 1 external monitor. Another monitor, not viewed on the screen list.
Did you have any idea?

My EFI: OC-EFI

Edited by erdemc

16 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Using an app such as IORegistryExplorer, check how your displays appear in IOReg; if you only see 1 x external display reported, that means both output ports share the same connector. You may connect only 1 x external monitor at a time and check which connector they individually attach to. You may also try and patch your framebuffer connectors but it'll probably not change anything.

Thanks for reply,
I'm used the IORegistryExplorer and I see only one display

My External Monitor Names: "DELL E2214H" and "DELL E2418HN"
My notebook have 1 HDMI port, 1 Type-C port and 2 Display Port
2 Display port working on Big Sur
1 Type-C port working on Big Sur
1 HDMI port working on Big Sur
Problem is,
If I plug "DELL E2214H" to DP and I plug "DELL E2418HN" to HDMI, 2 monitor run and showing display but both of same screen like a mirror

If I plug "DELL E2214H" to HDMI and I plug "DELL E2418HN" to DP, 2 monitor run and showing display but both of same screen like a mirror

If I plug "DELL E2214H" to DP and I plug "DELL E2418HN" to Type-C, 2 monitor run and showing display but both of same screen like a mirror

If I plug "DELL E2214H" to HDMI and I plug "DELL E2418HN" to Type-C, 2 monitor run and showing display but both of same screen like a mirror

And the all cases, Just one monitor names show on the "Displays" window
I try the framebuffer patchs on the Hackintools apps but same result
I do disable my Nvidia GPU on Windows 10 but after than my 2 external monitor still working on Intel GPU UHD 630, not problem, but on "Big Sur", Type-C, DP and HDMI connection ports like a one ports

Do you have a any idea about the this issue?

16 minutes ago, Hervé said:

It would have been helpful if you would have detailed what you saw in IOReg in terms of attachments to connectors rather than what you've summarised above. Anyway -and as I said above- it looks like your HDMI, Type-C and one (or is it both?) of the DP ports just use the same connector in which case, I don't believe there's anything you can do about it. I've experienced similar behaviour on some Dell laptops fitted with HDMI and DP ports. On the other hand, if both DP ports can provide you with 2 x separate displays, go for that, with a DP-to-HDMI adapter if need be.

These are screenshot my last configuration, You've see Just one monitor showing on the "Displays" list
And IORegistryExplorer summries this: My IORegistryExplorer

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 14.36.49.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 14.37.15.png

Edited by erdemc

14 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Thanks but those screenshots are of no use at all, your description of single/mirrored output was clear enough.

Patching framebuffer connectors will in no way push/force any output port on any given connector. Changing your selected framebuffer layout may help but I'm not certain of that at all.

You use MBP15,1 SMBIOS

You inject CFL framebuffer id 0x3ea50009

Your UHD iGPU is is 0x9bc4

Your posted IOReg shows:

no built-in LCD on LVDS/eDP connector con0 (presumably you ran your laptop with lid closed)

1 x monitor on DP connector con1

no monitor attached to DP connector con2

Yes, my laptop's lid closed, I'm used that way
Because, I have 2 external monitor and I don't need laptop's screen
If you any advice for framebuffer settings on screenshot?

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 15.06.46.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 15.06.57.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 15.07.00.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 15.07.05.png

48 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Thanks but those screenshots are of no use at all, your description of single/mirrored output was clear enough.

Patching framebuffer connectors will in no way push/force any output port on any given connector. Changing your selected framebuffer layout may help but I'm not certain of that at all.

You use MBP15,1 SMBIOS

You inject CFL framebuffer id 0x3EA50009

Your UHD iGPU of you i7-10850H is 0x9BC4 (officially supported afaik)

IOReg#1.jpg

As details in WEG user manual, CFL FB 0x3EA50009 is a 3-port mobile layout:

ID: 3EA50009, STOLEN: 57 MB, FBMEM: 0 bytes, VRAM: 1536 MB, Flags: 0x00830B0A
TOTAL STOLEN: 58 MB, TOTAL CURSOR: 1 MB (1572864 bytes), MAX STOLEN: 172 MB, MAX OVERALL: 173 MB (181940224 bytes)
Model name: Intel HD Graphics CFL CRB
Camellia: CamelliaV3 (3), Freq: 0 Hz, FreqMax: 0 Hz
Mobile: 1, PipeCount: 3, PortCount: 3, FBMemoryCount: 3
[0] busId: 0x00, pipe: 8, type: 0x00000002, flags: 0x00000098 - ConnectorLVDS
[1] busId: 0x05, pipe: 9, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x000001C7 - ConnectorDP
[2] busId: 0x04, pipe: 10, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x000001C7 - ConnectorDP
00000800 02000000 98000000
01050900 00040000 C7010000
02040A00 00040000 C7010000

Your posted IOReg shows:

• no built-in LCD on LVDS/eDP connector con0 (presumably because you ran your laptop with lid closed or because it is driven by the (disabled) dGPU)
  • 1 x monitor on DP connector con1
  • no monitor attached to DP connector con2

IOReg#2.jpg

IOReg#3.jpg

IOReg#4.jpg

So, again, it'd be most useful if you could plug one monitor in any given output port one by one (HDMI, DP, USB-c) and check which connector they attach to in IORegistryExplorer. If, as I suspect, they all appear on con1, I believe patching framebuffer connectors will probably be of no use. Afaik, this does not force video outputs on any given connector though you may succeed by changing the index and BusId of the connectors. You'd have to experiment with the various possible combinations or even experiment with a different FB layout (i.e. ig-platform-id) and or SMBIOS though you certainly used the expected values. For instance, this is the values recommended in Clover Configurator tool:

CC_CFL-UHD630_laptop.jpg

You may also experiment with changing your iGPU id to 0x3e9b.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/coffee-lake.html#starting-point

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/coffee-lake-plus.html#starting-point

I'm tryed all port(HDMI, DP and Type-C) one by one 
Please check it screenshots at the attachment

OneMonitorToDP1.png

OneMonitorToDP2.png

OneMonitorToHDMI.png

OneMonitorToTypeC.png

On 9/20/2021 at 5:56 PM, Hervé said:

It's as I was expecting: all those output ports register against the same and single connector con1. As such, no possibility to have separate external displays. Try experimenting as described above.

Thanks for all advice
Can you check these settings Please?

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 17.51.23.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 17.51.53.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 17.52.00.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 17.52.04.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 17.52.07.png

On 9/20/2021 at 6:14 PM, Hervé said:

If you define con1 as HDMI, why define con2 as HDMI too? Shouldn't it be DP instead to try and separate the port types?

Why enable DP->HDMI patch?

Not that it matters at this stage but the HDMI 2.0 (4K) is irrelevant here, isn't it? In fact, is your laptop HDMI v2.0 at all? Or just v1.4?

WIth regards to boot arg, you may switch from agdpmod=vit9696 to agdpmod=pikera and also patch add igfxonln=1.

Spoofing CML iGPU id 0x9BC4 is utterly useless, it's your iGPU's own native id. If you must spoof/fake any iGPU id at all, it would be something like CFL iGPU id 0x3E9B, wouldn't you say?

Did you try MBP16,x/MBP15,2 SMBIOS?

Make sure you read the recommendations I made above and consult the links I posted. They provide detailed and invaluable information on the matter of graphics acceleration on Coffee Lake UHD6xx.

By the way, is this a Precision 3551 mobile workstation we're talking about here? Because that laptop has no built-in DP port at all ! Only 1 x TB3/USB-c (DP 1.4) and 1 x HDMI 2.0. So I'm failing see where your 2 x DP ports could come from, except from a Dock hooked via the USB-c port... Please clarify these important points in order to avoid leading us astray.

Should you confirm the presence of a Dock unit, don't hold much hope of running with dual external displays. I tested this a couple of years ago on a Latitude 7490 with a Dock hooked to the laptop's USB-c port and could only obtain 1 x external monitor at any time, all of them registering under the same connector con2 whether HDMI, DP or VGA.

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11410-dell-latitude-7490-with-i7-8650u-intel-uhd-620-and-1920x1080-lcd-mojavecatalina/?do=findComment&comment=90288

Yes, I’m using Dock Station with Type-C, And All input/output Ports, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airdrop, Battary management, Cpu management…. Everythinks good working now, I have just 1 problem now: 2 external monitor
My previous labtop “Dell precision M4800”, I used this laptop with “DockStation”, This notebook Has ATI GPU and I defined Ati GPU on “Big Sur” so I was able to use 2 external monitor.
But I changed my laptop and now I’m using “Precision 3551” with DockStation
Can I have any chance to define Nvidia P620 GPU on big Sur to my new laptop?

Edited by erdemc

23 hours ago, Hervé said:

nVidia P620 is Pascal so answer is an obvious "no".

As I said right above, I would have expected you to be able to run dual external monitors with HDMI directly off the laptop + DP/HDMI/VGA? off the Dock. But not 2 x external monitors off the Dock.

Hi,
These setting for UHD 630, but still not split to my 2 external monitor.
Do you have any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 00.10.34.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 00.12.35.png

6 hours ago, Hervé said:

Did you try:

1. one monitor connected to the HDMI output port of the laptop?
  2. the other monitor connected to DP or HDMI of your Dock?

Yes or No? If yes, with what result?

It's going to be most difficult to assist you further without receiving direct, clear and meaningful answers to our questions.

Hi,
Thanks for reply,
Yes I try that:
Try 1: 1 monitor plug on HDMI(on Laptop) and other monitor plug on DP(on Dock)

Try 2: 1 monitor plug on HDMI(on Laptop) and other monitor plug on HDMI(on Dock)

Try 3: 1 monitor plug on HDMI(on Laptop) and other monitor plug on Type-C With adaptor(Type-c to HDMI)(on Dock)
But all cases, Doesn't work HDMI port on the laptops, no light and no visual,
I try this method before framebuffer combination
I think, my Laptop block its HDMI(on laptop) port while dock station plugin

4 hours ago, Hervé said:

Well, unplug your Dock, plug a monitor on the laptop's HDMI and, in IORegistryExplorer, check on which connector the AppleDisplay appears; if it's con2, you're screwed.

Thanks for reply
I try your way now,
Unplug my duckstation, open my macos system, and Connect HDMI monitor but It's not work, Doesn't work HDMI port on my laptop,

After than I try: Connect my monitor to Type-C port(with Type-C to HDMI adaptor) and it's work, notebook screen and Type-C(HDMI) monitor work together succesly

And Type-C IORegistryExplorer screenshot on attach

By the way my last EFI

TypeCAdaptor.png

Edited by erdemc