Remove dead zone from ThinkPad TrackPad - VoodooPS2Controller

Guest 5T33Z0

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to integrate YogaSMC.kext in my Lenovo ThinkPad T530 EFI. But this requires using Acidanthera's version of  VoodooPS2Controller.kext (2.2.5) otherwise the system crashes during boot instantly. But the current version just doesn't work as well with the TrackPad than the Rehabman Version (1.9.2) does.

The main issue I am having is that there's a relatively large dead zone on the edges of the TrackPad when using Acidantheras kext. I am wondering where to look in the kexts/plugins and/or info.plists to minimize or remove it. Any help is highly aprreciated

Thanks

Does it support Intertouch? (Connected over SMBus). If you look under IOReg, it should say something about Intertouch Support if it does work. If that's the case, I'd take a look at VoodooRMI - that'd work better than either PS2 kext. (Pic below)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3bbd66c05998eebee63d909428b554fd.png

For VoodooPS2, I honestly have no clue. Might be something weird with Extended W mode being used, but it doesn't mention any sort of deadzone quickly looking through the code.

Edited by 1Revenger1

10 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Does it support Intertouch? (Connected over SMBus). If you look under IOReg, it should say something about Intertouch Support if it does work. If that's the case, I'd take a look at VoodooRMI - that'd work better than either PS2 kext. (Pic below)

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.3bbd66c05998eebee63d909428b554fd.png

For VoodooPS2, I honestly have no clue. Might be something weird with Extended W mode being used, but it doesn't mention any sort of deadzone quickly looking through the code.

Unfortunately, it's not connected over SMBus. But I will look into this Extended W Mode. Thanks for the help.