Current hackintosh state - is it now possible to make a really working hackintosh?

viktr

2 posts in this topic

Colleagues, do I understand correctly, that at the very moment, with 11.5+, it is not possible to make a fully working hackintosh? By choosing macmodel, it is possible to have either DRM working in the safari and tv.app or sidecar, but never both - is it true?

Edited by viktr

I don't know where you got that from, but, as far as I'm concerned, there is no particular issue with creating/making and/or running a fully operational Hackintosh with Big Sur 11.5 and later. With regards to DRM, well it depends on your platform/GPU and the apps you use. It's been true for many years that Safari can be problematic for certain streaming services (eg: Netflix) but, in that case, just use other browsers like Chrome or Brave for instance.

I've never used SideCar but I had no particular issue when playing with TV app on several of my Hacks, just not on my ageing Ivy Bridge/HD4000 laptop (green video screen). See samples below on my Haswell/HD4400 and Skylake/HD520 Hackintosh laptops under 11.5.2:

TV_app_BigSur_11.5.2.jpg

TV_app_SKL-HD520_BigSur_11.5.2.jpg

• Like 3