AppleALC Layout 28 issues with ALC1220-VB on Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master

Shanghaidaddy

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I just completed a build with a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master motherboard and I have difficulties finding the right AppleALC layout for the ALC1220-VB audio codec on it. I have a pair of Mackie CR4 reference monitors connected to the Line out port (bottom, middle) on the rear panel, and layout 28 is the only one that sort of works, but only after I manually switch sound output to Internal Speakers from Headphones, which is the selected default after each reboot. Headphones also works on the line out port on the front panel, but unfortunately I cannot get microphone to work when plugged in both to the mic in port on the front panel and line in port on the rear panel. I made sure that the mic works on my MacBook Air.

I tried to patch AppleHDA manually by following a guide posted here https://github.com/F0x1c/AppleALC_Instructions, but I couldn't get it done since the convert script was unavailable. However, I got the codec dumped from Ubuntu Linux and was able to create the SVG graph, all attached below.

Can anyone help? Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks.

IMAGE 2021-07-23 22:11:32.jpg

Menubar.jpg

codec_dump.txt.png

Hackintool Sound.png

Sounds Input Pref.png

Sounds Output Pref.png

codec_dump_GZ490AM.txt