Broadcom 20702A3 Bluetooth Problems

Fortitude

4 posts in this topic

I’ve got a Qosmio X775 laptop running Sierra 10.12.6, and recently upgraded to this network card in order to transmit/receive 5G signals.

The WiFi is a bajillion times better than what it was, but the bluetooth refuses to work.

In order to get WiFi working I installed SSDT-ARPT-RP02-4352.aml, and AirportBrcmFixup.kext. I’m trying to get bluetooth working via BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext but nothing is happening. (I also tried installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to S/L/E and L/E without much luck.)

I’m fully aware that my motherboard needs to support USB over PCIe in order to drive bluetooth with this card.

I’m 100% certain that it does because the last device that I had was an Atheros AR9285/AR3011 combo card which had working bluetooth over USB 2.0.

I don’t know which direction to take in order to enable bluetooth functionality and would appreciate some help.

I’ve attached problem reporting files below.

2114753145_LoadedExtensions.thumb.png.dda2ac9591ea219c7a605cb1e2b17512.png

Qosmio X775 Bluetooth Problems.zip

I hate to admit it, but when running “lsusb” in Linux, the bluetooth card doesn’t show up. Nor does it show up in the Windows Device Manager. This is quite frustrating and confusing because like I said earlier the bluetooth on my AR9285/AR3011 card worked properly.

The exact part number for that card is K000113820.

Meanwhile here's what the new card look like in my system.

1010086873_InstalledCard.thumb.JPG.c22acdf3401e5c26daacae17227b7cb3.JPG

Is it possible that I could have a defective card or a whitelist?

I’ve got WiFi working across all three operating systems, but not bluetooth.

I’ve extracted my BIOS, EC, and VBIOS if anyone knows how to look for a whitelist.

(I have a 2010 Aptio BIOS.)

BIOS.rom EC.rom VBIOS.rom