with smbios 19,1 i can boot on Windows but not with smbios 7,1

7 posts in this topic

Good evening,
i made an EFI OpenCore 069 with smbios 7.1. I took my 19.1 EFI 069 which works perfectly.

I adapted my USBmapping, my memory section in the config.plist.

I haven't changed anything else apart from the smbios 7.1 data.

with 7.1 i can't boot windows from the opencore bootpicker.

see my setting on the image

I am using: / \ EFI \ BOOT \ BOOTX64.EFI (I know bootmgfw.efi.icns is of no use in this case)

I have tried with /\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi. but nothing to do.

have you encountered this problem?

it s for this config : MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon Bios 7B17v1B, i7-9700K, 16 Go 3200, UHD 630, OC068 Clover 5130 10.15.7 et W10 sur nvme

Capture d’écran 2021-06-03 à 21.20.54.png

Your 2nd entry is pointing to the custom icon, not the efi file.

Regarding windows not starting with MacPro7,1 check these keys of config.plist:

• Kernel> Quirks> CustomSMBIOSGuid> True (default is False)
  • PlatformInfo> UpdateSMBIOSMode> Custom (default is Create).
Edited by miliuco

thanks it's perfect with this 2 settings:

• Kernel> Quirks> CustomSMBIOSGuid> True (default is False)
  • PlatformInfo> UpdateSMBIOSMode> Custom (default is Create).
  •  

you're the best. @miliuco

when you use /\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI  ( your config see windows running in a mac, because you use bootcamp)

the 2nd entrie is for the icone of Windows when you use :/\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi (if you want windows seen as a pc by your config)

you will need to put the icone you want for windows in EFI(windows drive)/Microsoft/Boot and call it bootmgfw.efi.icns 

but this line as to be setting like in the slide : DONT choose "actived", let all settings free

282362851_Capturedecran2021-06-04a14_04_31.png.45f6c0f1ecf4dcbf98d6af19a3fa6df9.png

Edited by odemolay

thank you for your answers, my subject was not the icon, but to use windows as a real pc from openCore, and not as windows installed in a mac with bootcamp. it doesn't change much, but it makes more sense. i haven't used OC 070 yet, lots of change to come apparently ... looking forward to 069-> 070 @miliuco and the cosmetics advise of @antuneddu OF COURSE

1 hour ago, odemolay said:

thank you for your answers, my subject was not the icon, but to use windows as a real pc from openCore, and not as windows installed in a mac with bootcamp. it doesn't change much, but it makes more sense. i haven't used OC 070 yet, lots of change to come apparently ... looking forward to 069-> 070 @miliuco and the cosmetics advise of @antuneddu OF COURSE

Yes, 0.7.0 comes with a lot of changes, really.

About your main question, changing the 2 keys CustomSMBIOSGuid and UpdateSMBIOSMode solves the problem so Windows isn't in a Mac but in a separated PC.