IS MY BUILD COMPATIBLE WITH HACKINTOSH?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to learn hackintosh and would love to know if my current build could work with Catalina or other versions.

MotherboardGigabyte H410M H 

Nvidia GTX 1650-руб 

Intel Core i5-10400F

Samsung 860 Evo 250GB

Seagate Barracuda 4TB 

Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C16 2x16GB

I also have Maono Fairy microphone

and a Bluetooth usb

Userbenchmark link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/39988944

Thanks for any help!

Note: I tried Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra but I'm stuck on boot every time.

Answer is no.

Comet Lake i5-10400F does not appear to have any iGPU and Turing nVidia cards such as your GTX 1650 are not supported at all. So, unless you put a graphics card compatible with macOS Catalina/Big Sur in that desktop, you're screwed. Sorry.

https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide

Comet Lake CPUs are only officially supported from Catalina 10.15.3 so don't waste your time with Mojave or High Sierra.

That's my bad, thanks for the reply! I built this PC with Windows/Linux  in mind. But I'm still not satisfied with how Windows 10 works and looks, while using Linux is just not enough apps-wise for me. That's why I'm thinking of learning hackintosh - I think the best start is buy the parts recommended and build a PC again.

Not quite... The nVidia Turing card will be wasted in a Hackintosh so it'd be much better to replace it by a supported AMD model; I'd do that rather than change CPU. The i5-10400F is perfectly usable as Hackintosh CPU on the other hand and I would not recommend replacing it by a Comet Lake with iGPU given the reported issues with CML iGPUs even though these are meant too be supported. I think it wise to go for the safest and guaranteed choices, i.e. change of graphics card.

In this crypto-driven market, I do not even consider options which involve getting a dGPU…

But I stand corrected: My advice, in full, is to get an iX-10xxx 10th generation CPU (not 11th) with an iGPU—and ditch (or resell, or confine to Linux/Windows) the nVidia card.

• 2 weeks later...