iatkos S3 V2 sound in installation DVD

stas-prze

3 posts in this topic

Hi.

I'm 15 years old, i'm blind, and i'm from Poland.

Recently i started digging in to hackintoshing, and i want to install snow leopard on a few of my older machines, most notably the dell precision M2400.

I managed to successfully burn and boot the iatkos DVD on the laptop, however i can't figure out which options to select during installation.

Personally i would try to reinstall til it works, however the installer doesn't contain sound drivers so voiceover doesn't talk and my USB braille display isn't working either, and my family isn't qwite keen to sit with me for a couple hours and keep going through the installer.

Is there a way i can for example slipstream voodooHDA/appleHDA on to the DVD so that i get sound?

Thanks in advance.

Voiceover is included in the installers/recovery partitions as well, I've installed snow leopard server in parallels before and that had sound in the installer. I mainly wanted to install SL on that to play around with it, my main machine is a Mac Pro 3,1 with Big Sur so I all ready have a functioning Mac.

I may try high Sierra though, we'll see how that goes.

Iatkos's installer is pretty much SL's installer with slight modifications.

Voiceover does start, because when I press cmd+F5 voiceover's visuals show something like "Voiceover on install Mac OS X window continue button has keyboard focus". The only thing that's missing are the sound drivers in the actual dvd, it's possible to choose them in the customise section for the installed system.