Jump to content

OpenCore issues with Restarting, sleeping, bluetooth and iMessage


7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

CPU: i5 8400

B360M Gaming 3

16gb DDR4

iGPU

 

I've been able to use the build for 1 day with 4 main issues:

  1. Restart gets stuck at the boot menu. After I restart, I can see the boot menu, it flashes for a second and than it gets stuck. It works only 20% of the time..I have to force-restart my pc using the button and than it works. Shutdown works fine.
  2. My bluetooth dongle keeps crashing. It works for 2-3 seconds and than it restarts and so on. I did port my USBs, I have the USB Power fix. Nothing works? It's a CSR8510 A10 - I guess I just have to buy a different one?
  3. Sleep works only sometimes. Basically, if I put my pc to sleep, everything closes for around 15-20 seconds and than instantly powers everything (but the screen) on. Ive seen it sleep for more, but it's inconsistent. I already tried changing some things (as per the OpenCore troubleshoot tutorial).
  4. iMessage does not work. Siri, everything else, works. But iMessage does not. I can login, even try to write a message, but after that it closes and asks me to log in again. I've tried again and again with different serial numbers and nothing works. I believe my NVRAM works, so that's not the issue

 

Can someone tell me/ guide me to what I have to do to fix these?

Please complete your signature (user profile) with the data of your hardware.

 

Comment something else about the installation method, how you have done it.
Have you followed the Dortania guide?
Upload here your config.plist file so we can see it.

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

Please complete your signature (user profile) with the data of your hardware.

 

Comment something else about the installation method, how you have done it.
Have you followed the Dortania guide?
Upload here your config.plist file so we can see it.

I've followed the Dortania guide.

I have fixed  the bluetooth dongle. It works now! No hand-off, but that's fine. The sleep also seems to be working now.

 

I only have an issue with iMessage/Facetime and the restart gets stuck at the boot menu.

Basically, after I click restart, it stays for a second, it shows the MB splash screen, it gets into the OpenCore boot menu and it crashes. I have to force-restart. If I shutdown my PC everything works. It's fine if I don't fix this, it's just the restart, but the iMessage/Facetime would be great to fix.

 

Also, do you know if I need WIFI for calls to be transferred from my phone to the Mac? As I don't have Wifi, only bluetooth.

 

I've attached the config. 

 

config.plist

Disable SSDT-USBX.aml. It's already part of the EC-USBX fix.

 

Kernel: Change order:

 

1. Lilu

2. VirtualSMC

3. Whatevergreen

... Rest

 

Disable: CpuTscSync.kext, IntelSnowMausi.kext (Snow Leopard only!!!!), CtlnaAHCIPort.kext, NVMeFix.kext (only necessary if drive isn't recognized).

 

The rest of the config is looking good.

 

 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Disable SSDT-USBX.aml. It's already part of the EC-USBX fix.

 

Kernel: Change order:

 

1. Lilu

2. VirtualSMC

3. Whatevergreen

... Rest

 

Disable: CpuTscSync.kext, IntelSnowMausi.kext (Snow Leopard only!!!!), CtlnaAHCIPort.kext, NVMeFix.kext (only necessary if drive isn't recognized).

 

The rest of the config is looking good.

 

 

Hello and thank you for the response.

I will disable those, but, I have a quick question: How can I change the order? Using proper tree, should I just move the "add"? 

 

Did I do it correctly? 

 

edit: Restarts are still not working..the same thing happens. It blinks once and then freeze..

Also, my iMessage/Facetime is not working because of the Serial Number or something else?

config.plist

Edited by Robert13x
1 hour ago, Robert13x said:

Hello and thank you for the response.

I will disable those, but, I have a quick question: How can I change the order? Using proper tree, should I just move the "add"? 

 

Did I do it correctly? 

 

edit: Restarts are still not working..the same thing happens. It blinks once and then freeze..

Also, my iMessage/Facetime is not working because of the Serial Number or something else?

config.plist 27.19 kB · 0 downloads

 

Kexts order is OK.

 

Have you seen the iMessage Dortania guide?

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

 

Kexts order is OK.

 

Have you seen the iMessage Dortania guide?

Yep, I've tried using that guide. I have my own MAC, SN is invalid but correct. I'm able to log in and after 5 seconds it logs me off, everything else works fine..

I saw a lot of posts on Reddit about this and the only solution found was to contact Apple.
I've tried doing that and they asked me to call their number, the "Chat" team was unable to do anything. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...