stuck on IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3

iapaus

4 posts in this topic

It's my first OpenCore setup, I've been using Clover so far. I followed the Dortania install guide for Comet Lake. Installation boots in verbose mode and reaches IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3. Then the screen turns black. So it looks like the system is trying to enter graphics mode but it fails. I know that system does not hang because if I wait a few minutes then the system goes into sleep mode (I see the led blinking). If I press any key then the system wakes up, but the screen remains black.

my system is

CPU intel i7 10700k

MB ASUSPrime Z470-a

iGPU UHD 630

OpenCore 066

trying to boot from USB 16GB open core installer

could some1 her me please?

IMG_0320.png

opencore-2021-03-12-195031.txt

Are you sure you're injecting iGPU the correct way? It could've been caused by incorrect AAPL,ig-platform-id (double-check name of this property, it's not always correct by default) in DeviceProperties. As OpenCore Intall Guide suggests, try using all the values from there.

Edited by Andreyhg

• 11 months later...

Hi!! I have the same problem.....I use a mobo, Z490 Steel Legend and and an Intel Core i7 10700K as a CPU. I use the iGPU as a primary GPU. I have set only iGPU (onboard) on BIOS. 64MB memory but the screen is black after IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3.948930862__Viber_2022-02-28_10-27-39-739.thumb.jpg.24fe57ae12b2252fa12887d07b45a6fe.jpg