17 posts in this topic

Hi @all
With OC-0.6.5 I could boot Windows and Linux (Arch and Fedora) with custom entries.
Since OC-0.6.6 until OC-0.6.8-nightly this no longer works. I still see the Linux entries through the entries, but nothing happens after the selection and after a short time I am back in OpenCanopy. Boot paths in Misc -> BlessOverrride do not work either.
With ScanPolicy 17760515 I only see macOS. Only when I set ScanPolicy to 0 do I see all boot disks again and can boot from all of them.
However, I would like to have this via the custom entries. Is this currently broken or is it due to a setting in the config.plist that I have set incorrectly or even not correctly.
Attached my config, MLB, ROM SN and UUID I have deleted.
Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you very much for reading.

config.plist

14 minutes ago, windowless31 said:

@miliuco Thanks for the answer.
The custom entries are disabled because they do not work.

Okay. So let's see if I understand you well.

Since you changed to 0.6.6 the custom entries you have in Misc> Entries don't work, even when you have Enabled=True, is it? I see them well built in your config.plist.

Have you tried to recreate them by checking the PCI path to those partitions?
If you put ScanPolicy=0 as you have now, the entries generated by OpenCore without being configured in config.plist, those that are pointing to Windows or Linux work well when selected?
Is there any improvement if you change ExposeSensitiveData from 3 to 6?

Edited by miliuco
37 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Okay. So let's see if I understand you well.

Since you changed to 0.6.6 the custom entries you have in Misc> Entries don't work, even when you have Enabled=True, is it? I see them well built in your config.plist.

Have you tried to recreate them by checking the PCI path to those partitions?
If you put ScanPolicy=0 as you have now, the entries generated by OpenCore without being configured in config.plist, those that are pointing to Windows or Linux work well when selected?
Is there any improvement if you change ExposeSensitiveData from 3 to 6?

You have understood everything correctly.
I have checked the paths to the partitions. They are correct.
With ScanPolicy=0, the automatically created entries work.
I will test ExposeSensitiveData from 3 to 6 right away.
Thank you very much.

@miliuco

I have enabled the Custom-Entries (Enabled=YES).
I have changed the ScanPolicy to 17760515 andExposeSensitiveData to 6.
The Linux entries are present. After selection I see a black screen for a short time and then I am back in OpenCanopy.
So unfortunately no change.

5 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

if it helps i set it like this, i found the Ubuntu and Windows paths through the Shell

Schermata 2021-03-07 alle 19.37.52.png

Thank you, that's exactly what I did. In the shell fsX: map -> map.txt

• Like 1
1 hour ago, windowless31 said:

Thank you, that's exactly what I did. In the shell fsX: map -> map.txt

Apparently everything is fine, I do not understand why it does not work properly.

9 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Apparently everything is fine, I do not understand why it does not work properly.

I don't understand it either :no: but thanks anyway.
If necessary, I can also boot Linux via the Bios boot menu.

10 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

maybe c enters the scanpolicy? I set it to 2687747 and it works

scan-policy-17760515-side.png

I have already tested this ScanPolicy without success.
What I don't understand is that the custom entries worked in version 0.6.5 and no longer with the same settings from 0.6.6.

@antuneddu

I took the settings from your config.plist and activated my custom entries. The result is the same: Windows can be booted, but the two penguins cannot.
As soon as I go back to 0.6.5, everything works again.
I give up.
Maybe it will work again in 0.6.8 or later.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

It didn't give me any peace after all. I did everything all over again.
Downloaded OpenCorePkg-master, had it compiled, created a fresh config.plist from a sample.plist, did an clean-NVRAM, reset the Linux boot entries in the shell, and so on.
The result this time is a working configuration, as it should be.
Now I just need to find the error that caused it to fail before, but at the moment I can't see the wood for the trees.
Thank you very much for your help, it has motivated me.08110002.thumb.png.ef4e1b1114e2942e18cdcc3c419c9661.png

Edited by windowless31
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, windowless31 said:

It didn't give me any peace after all. I did everything all over again.
Downloaded OpenCorePkg-master, had it compiled, created a fresh config.plist from a sample.plist, did an clean-NVRAM, reset the Linux boot entries in the shell, and so on.
The result this time is a working configuration, as it should be.
Now I just need to find the error that caused it to fail before, but at the moment I can't see the wood for the trees...

Glad to read you. Sometimes there are strange things in this hackintosh world.

• Like 1