Big Sur stuck on installation

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am trying to install Big Sur on my thinkpad W541 the installation gets past the initial install page and stops at this error I am attaching a screen shot 

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_0817.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply etorix, I am using latest opencore and followed opencore settings via their website I will attach my efi and another 

screen shot, I reinstalled again to see if it would load to Os screen left it overnight and found it hanging again.

Edited by mad849
wrong upload of files

@etorix That's incorrect. K1100M and K2100M are Kepler GPUs, not Maxwell (like the K1200 or K2200M); as such, they're supported up to current Big Sur. Latter may be subject to well-known Apple Kepler driver bug though, given that it's based on the GK106 chip.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:43 AM, etorix said:

Almost there! The last line is normally followed by the OS X graphical boot.

You need to explain which bootloader you're using and how you've configured it.

Thank you both for your replies, so I should use a patched  SSDT-XOSI file in the ACPI 

No, there should be a patch in the ACPI>Patch section of OpenCore config.plist so that all OS calls to _OSI() are redirected to XOSI() in the SSDT.

Spoiler

Patch

Info

This section allows us to dynamically modify parts of the ACPI (DSDT, SSDT, etc.) via OpenCore. For us, we'll need the following:

• OSI rename
    • This is required when using SSDT-XOSI as we redirect all OSI calls to this SSDT, this is not needed if you're using SSDT-GPIO
Comment String Change _OSI to XOSI
Enabled Boolean YES
Count Number 0
Limit Number 0
Find Data 5f4f5349
Replace Data 584f5349

The alternative is to use SSDT-GPIO together with VoodooI2C kext, and then not to use SSDT-XOSI. But this probably requires a trip to Linux or Windows in order to precisely identify the trackpad and identify which of the many Voodoo kexts are required.