Help with my installation with OpenCore 0.6.6

3 posts in this topic

Hello, today I tried to install macOS Big Sur in my rig. My specs are:

• MSI Z170A Gaming M3
  • Intel Core i5 6600K
  • GTX 1060 3GB

I made my USB with OpenCore, prepared with my custom ACPI tables, drivers and kexts. My idea is to boot with the iGPU instead of the dGPU so I conneceted an HDMI to the port of my monitor and the dGPU via DP to the other port of it. I know there's no web drivers or hardware acceleration prior High Sierra. I configured my BIOS as the tutorials say and put IGFX as first video device on it. I can't boot and the PC always freezes at "ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3" before or after that. I tried with High Sierra with same results so I suppose that there's something wrong with my configuration. Can some one help me? ANd sorry about my bad English. Cheers. 

config.plist

Just to clarify things on the nVidia Web Drivers and avoid all possible confusion on the matter: there are no Web Drivers after/past High Sierra (not prior/before). nVidia Pascal cards are only supported in Sierra and High Sierra with the nVidia Web Driver.

Your PC gets stuck at graphics initialisation, meaning your setup is incorrect for the iGPU and (HDMI) output port. Intel Skylake i5-6600K is fitted with HD530 iGPU. You use iMac17,1 which looks good to me for a Skylmake desktop computer but such platform has limitation regarding video output port. You may have to patch your SKL framebuffer and probably need to add boot arg agdpmod=pikera or agdpmod=vit9696 to get video out to your HDMI screen.

Please note that, whilst the SKL FB layout you inject in your OC config looks good (00001219), injecting device id of 19170001 is totally incorrect; I believe you confused iGPU device id with frame buffer platform id and may have missed that such values are specified in reversed byte order. The important thing to note is that you should not need any device-id injection at all.

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

I also invite you to consult this recent thread about HD530 in order to get guidance.