Can't boot into Mojave because of ACPI error AE_NOT_EXIST

13 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

Recent, I have been trying to install Mojave on my laptop. I have followed Opencore guide for Skylake Laptop, but I can not boot into it, I got these errors instead ( see below ).

My hardware:

• My Laptop: HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
  • Motherboard: HP 8328
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz
  • GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520RAM: Samsung 8G 2133 MHz, M471A1K43CB1-CRC
  • HardDrive: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1, HDD 1TB

My config.plist: https://pastebin.com/Vk7Hj7XQ

I have tried some ways, but it still not working :( Can anyone helps me :(

ic248yn143f61.jpg?width=644&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=013dd6b8ca9bd01c23a8d6355665a76f2245d083

EFI.zip

Then you need to do it the OpenCore way and adapt the standard SSDTs to your hardware by following the "Manual" route in Dortania's guides for all your required SSDTs. It's not as difficult as it may look like.

To dump the DSDT, the easiest method is to set "Misc>Debug>SysReport" to "True". After your next attempt at booting (success is not required!), you'll find a SysReport directory in the EFI partition with all information about your hardware.

1 hour ago, etorix said:

Then you need to do it the OpenCore way and adapt the standard SSDTs to your hardware by following the "Manual" route in Dortania's guides for all your required SSDTs. It's not as difficult as it may look like.

To dump the DSDT, the easiest method is to set "Misc>Debug>SysReport" to "True". After your next attempt at booting (success is not required!), you'll find a SysReport directory in the EFI partition with all information about your hardware.

I have dumped DSDT.aml, should I add it to ACPI folder?

No, the laptop knows its DSDT there's no need to add it. Copy it to the computer you work on, open the DSDT with MaciASl and, for each SSDT that your plateform requires, follow the instructions in Dortania's Guide along "The Long Way" to make custom SSDTs for the laptop, with the proper pathing for each ressource.

4 minutes ago, etorix said:

No, the laptop knows its DSDT there's no need to add it. Copy it to the computer you work on, open the DSDT with MaciASl and, for each SSDT that your plateform requires, follow the instructions in Dortania's Guide along "The Long Way" to make custom SSDTs for the laptop, with the proper pathing for each ressource.

thanks guy, i will reply soon :D

23 hours ago, etorix said:

Sorry guy ..., I don't know if what I did is what you wanted. I did:

- Firstly, I have followed this video 

- Then, I copied saved DSDT.aml to ACPI folder

- Next, I added DSDT to ACPI/Add in config.plist like this:

image.png.cd6838a032e7cf353afd81faab819b6c.png 

But it still not working :( 

No that's totally useless. And the guide explicitly says NOT to do that.

The DSDT describes your hardware. It is used to check how your hardware is presented to the OS, and then make patches (SSDT) to ensure that the hardware is presented in a manner which makes sense for what OS X expects. The default SSDTs try to do that with various common syntaxes, but if your laptop has a quircky DSDT, the required option may not be present in the defaults and you need to make your own SSDTs.

If you can't find your way through Dortania's ACPI guides, post the DSDT.

Thanks. Trying to hack a laptop is an interesting experience for me.

So from the DSDT the default SSDTs for GPI0 (SBRG=GPEN=One), PLNF (_SB.PCI0.GFX0), PLUG (_PR.PR00) and even SBUS-MCHC (_SB.PCI0.SBUS) should work.

The laptop has two Embedded Controllers: _SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0 (no _STA), _SB.SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC (_STA, _HID and _CRS but no _GPE property). In a desktop, both should go. In a laptop I'm unsure if one or both should stay.

I'm also unsure about trackpad support. The recommended SSDT is SSDT-GPI0 with VooddoI2C.kext, which has many different plugins and requires detailed hardware specs.

To figure out what kind of keyboard and trackpad you have, check Device Manager in Windows or dmesg | grep input in Linux

The screenshot in the first post shows a Synaptics TouchPad. Does Windows or Linux reports more details about the protocol it uses?

You have used VoodooPS2Controller and the alternative SSDT-XOSI but have not defined the corresponding patchin config.plist—maybe that's just THE issue.