HP ProDesk 400 G1 SFF: Random freezes, no Sleep - Mojave

rambobambo

19 posts in this topic

Hello

I have managed to mackintosh my pc with the following specs. It is currently running Mojave. I used clover bootloader method to get it working. Currently, it is set as imac 14,2 in SMBIOS setting and comes up as Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015) in About this mac section.

I am facing the following two problems:

1. There is unpredictability with the system, as occasionally it may crash and I have to force restart it from the power button.

2. Sleep does not work: the system wakes up within a few seconds on its own and then only cursor moves, nothing else works. i have to force restart it from the power button

I have tried to  attach the zipped EFI folder and zipped IOreg folder for investigation but the file size is larger than 10 MB, how do i get around that :-(

I have logitech mouse and keyboard connected via bluetooth and they work fine.

I have a generic wifi USB receiver, which works as well. Ethernet does not work, I am not goiung to bother the folk with that problem just as yet ;-)

Thanks for looking

Specs:

• BIOS: L02 v02.52
  • BIOS Mode UEFI
  • CPU: Intel i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Intel HD4400 integrated graphics + Nvidia GT 710 1GB graphics card

Hello

Here is the link to the EFI folder which contains the APCPI folder and KEXTs ( all kexts are in other folder):

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00116793457091617055

This second link is to IO reg file which i suppose is what you have asked as the config file, if not please let me know:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=95738642129628179334

thanks for your help

iMac — Home.ioreg

Hello

Thanks a lot for reviewing the files

I have attached the IO reg file.

Before I load your plist file, for which I must thank you again can i ask you a few things please:

1. I had set SMBIO as Imac 14,2 and do see that when I open plist using clover, did it not come through. I have noted that your file has more information, so must be better.

2. Can you please help me know how would I select which plist to use when loading up in case I mess it up. I suppose one could do that from clover bootscreen , is that correct?  I have manage to find a way of doing this

3. I have noticed that you have slecetd Inject NVIDIA. Is that purposeful, I am not an experts so please pardon if I overstep, I thought NVIDIA GT 710 is natively supported and does not need NVIDIA injecting, is that wronng.

Also I have got the machine running as type using your congig.plist file. Thanks :-)

Edited by rambobambo

Thanks for your help. Can I continue to bother you please:

1 Should i Replace the current plist with the new one that you have supplied, if yes, do I need to do the next step.

2. Do I still need to do the stuff for USB ports with Hackintool

3. As currently iGPU is disabled, could there be an issue if I use that in conjunction with NVIDIA card as it is detected already. Would this enhance anything? Previousli Was only able to get 7 MB video ram with iGPU settings ( no NVIDIA card was used )

4. In terms of stability I had another crash where machine was in screensaver and did not respond.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

Thanks for the help.

I am posting screenshot of the clover graphics section. I don't think in the new plist the graphics card settings for iGPU have been activated. Please see the screenshot below. I have added the Origin folder as zipped file.

q1. Should i send the ACPI tables following crash or anytime would work

q2. Also do you mind guiding how do I do hackintool business

thanks again.

PS: let me know if the screenshot has come through

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 12.58.33.png

origin.zip

Edited by rambobambo

Thanks, how and where do I make the required changes?

Also please look ate screenshot, would you be able to advise on the hackintool business. Please see the following linbk, would you recomed me to use this script, if yes, do i generate USB map.kext and or ssdt-rhub-reset.dsl file

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 14.14.41.png

sure I will follow your advice and message as advised. sorry didn't mean to cause offence or inconvenience

Can I request if you could tell me about the iGPU settings, am I correct in my observation that they are not there in the latest plist or have been looking in the wrong sections. I had put a screenshot above.

Thanks for your help, I sincerely hope that I am replying better this time, sorry about the last few times.

Also I have now re-read your post and can see your comment about graphic card and think that I understand that better. Sorry Id dint understand that first time around

Will you please, continue, to be be helpful and please review the attached  screenshots to see if the iGPU is detected. However I feel that it has not been detected, I could be wrong. I have attached a few screenshots of varuious things to check if I can provide good insight into my observations

thanks once more

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 18.48.15.png

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 18.48.50.png

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 18.50.17.png

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 18.51.14.png

Thanks.

I will check as you advise, I must say I didnt change the latest plist file that you had sent. I have re-examined the plist and inject nvidia is enabled. Not sure if I may have sent you the wrong screenshot.

I have checked the IOReg file and have attached screenshots here.

will you be able to please let me know what you think, do I need to make any changes.

One question, can I ise DPI port to attach a second monitor?

When you may have time if you could check these please.

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 22.23.31.png

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 22.24.08.png

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 22.25.16.png

Hello

I am back looking for some more help. In the past few days the system has frozen a few time s, unpredictable manner. I can get hours of work without any probvlems. Then it will crash.

I tried to gather event crash data and came across the following link: https://osxdaily.com/2014/07/29/sysdiagnose-mac-os-x-command/

I ran the following command:

sudo sysdiagnose -f ~/Desktop/

This now predictably crashes the system where it will freeze and not respond. This happens everytime when the command is ran.

Can you help ?

Thanks

Edited by rambobambo
updated information provided

Many thanks for your reply. The system remains unstable and would still freeze occasionally. Can you please help me get it unstable. :-)

When you get chance would you be able to please review the information below and attached files/screenshots.

I had tried to change the USB port limit as advised by yourself, using an online guide and hackintool. I have attached the files and configuration as it appears in attached files/screenshots.

I have also attached screenshots of Clover folder with drivers. Could you please tell which ones to remove and also would I have to subsequently make changes to clover/config.plist file

The clover version is 5.17.3.0. 

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.51.58.png

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.52.20.png

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 19.00.34.png

SSDT-UIAC.aml SSDT-UIAC.dsl USBPorts.kext.zip iMac — Home.ioreg

Edited by rambobambo

Could someone please help, I am grateful to Herve' to have helped me so much till this far. I have found the process to be interesting and daunting at the same time.

It will be shame if this is like this having come so far, I am not bothered about the sleep so much . Its the random freezes which bother me.

I have invested lots of time so would be shame to see this go to waste. 

I am not sure if this helps or is relevant,  it appears if I walk away from machine it hangs especially if chrome is open and not minimised. Although it also happens when the machine would be in screensaver mode. The screensaver mode can stay working without issues for some time before it will freeze.

Thanks