Audio and Microphone Problems

NBABASKETBALL

4 posts in this topic

Hello. I run MacOS 10.15.7 and everything is working fine except audio and microphone. When watching YouTube on safari for example the sound is distorted. On chrome it's fine. When I am on a zoom or Skype call people can't hear me at all and sometimes audio is distorted for me too. When I use Spotify (for example) it's fine unless I start scrolling or dragging windows around. I use apple ALC with clover (similar problems with OpenCore)

I even deleted applealc and got an Asus bt400 usb dongle. Still the same problems even though only bluetooth devices appear on the sound tab in settings. (when I delete AppleALC)

I don't think it's a driver problem since the same happens with Bluetooth. Anyone knows how can I fix this?
I just want to attend my online classes via my computer....

I can post my EFI, IOREG or whatever is needed to solve this.

Specs: I have a gt710 on an old optiplex330 with a wolfdale Xeon (E3120)

I believe it's some kind of IRQ Conflict. I could be wrong though. 

Edited by NBABASKETBALL

1 hour ago, Hervé said:

Sounds more like a clocking issue than an IRQ conflict. Could be CPU power management related if that's not properly setup. Post your stuff (zipped Clover/OC EFI folder, IOReg extract)...

Ok everything is in the .7z file. I included both my OpenCore and clover EFIs. I don't really mind what bootloader to use, I posted both in case one of them is easier for you to configure/check. 

Thanks

Antonio's Mac Pro.7z

6 hours ago, Hervé said:

A Wolfdale CPU requires to generate C States and P states through the bootloader for CPU power management purposes. OpenCore does not support that as explained in Dortania's guide so stick to Clover. It's not enabled in your Clover config so you'll have to add these in the ACPI section using Clover Configurator app. I also notice you used MacPro6,1 SMBIOS which is not the appropriate one for your old platform. Use MacPro3,1 instead and add -no_compat_check boot arg. You'll find you gain full CPU power management with those settings when, right now, you probably only have LFM and HFM speeds. Performance should be much better thereafter.

Hey. I tried this but the stuttering (mainly on safari) is still present. Do you know something else that may be the cause of this problem? 

Oh. Also the SMBIOS change, broke iservices..

13 hours ago, Hervé said:

Try and add CodecCommander kext

I downloaded the kext and put in my EFI with the other kexts. Rebooted and the problem was still here. The weird thing is that my microphone is working on every app unless I go on a video call. It works for 2 seconds and then suddenly freezes. As far as the sound goes, distortion is present on safari and sometimes on video calls. 

When I use HDMI audio instead of my integrated sound card it's way worse.