Opencore 0.6.5 Gigabyte Z390 UD install getting stuck before install...

machsurfer

8 posts in this topic

Good Evening!

It's been a long time but I'm ready to update the old El Capitan Hackintosh and thought I would give Opencore a try vs the Clover... 

I have built the machine with the following hardware:

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I79700K Desktop

GIGABYTE Z390 UD LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard

MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT DirectX 12 RX 5500 XT MECH 4G OC 4GB 128-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 HDCP Ready Video Card

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16S-32GVK

I'm attempting to follow the excellent Dortania Guide using opencore 0.6.5...
All EFI kext/etc files have been downloaded as suggested by the guide (current as of 21 Jan 2021).  I have selected the DEBUG versions if available.

BIOS has been updated to 10J and configured with all recommended settings.

I've gone through everything to try to get the install going but can't get to any kind of installation screen.  I'm about 6 iterations in and at a certain point the screen goes black or loses signal.  I'm not knowledgeable in reading the verbose output so was hoping the braintrust could help me get to the next  step.  Thank you in advance for taking the time to look at this post!  I changed the deviceproperties PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) AAPL,ig-platform-id setting to the three options in the guide and it didn't make any difference. Hence the multiple dump files.  If further information is needed on config.plist settings etc please let me know.  Thanks again for looking!

Cheers!

config no serials.plist opencore-2021-01-21-005027.txt opencore-2021-01-21-005000.txt

Edited by machsurfer
fix verbiage

6 hours ago, Hervé said:

SMBIOS info is next to empty. Use OpenCore Configurator or the SMBIOS generator mentioned at Dortania to edit your config in that respect. Just reselect your iMac model in the list.

Yeah, I removed all the SYS UUID, SYS Serial number, ROM and MLB entries when I uploaded the file.  I downloaded the opencore configurator you mentioned and checked my latest revision and the info is all there under the "DataHub - Generic - PlatrformNVRAM" tab but there is nothing under SMBIOS.  Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot and post a reply!  Thank you for taking the time to look!

Added the SMBIOS info and no difference...  One thing I didn't mention, which thinking more and more on it is that when I initially boot up, opencore only gives me 3 options:  1. OpencoreUSB (external)  2. OpenShell.efi  3.  Reset NVRAM. 

Shouldn't there be the option to install macOS Catalina?  I have been selecting option 1 but that would make sense if it doesn't know what to do after a certain point and that's why I get stuck at a black screen...  I built the usb booter following Dortania's guide...  I have included a screengrab of what the whole USB drive looks like and what the EFI partition looks like...  I left all the data in the SMBIOS section, I can always gen a new one with the SMBIOS generator if needed.  Thanks for any assistance!

Opencore partition.png

Disk Utility.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 11.34.55 PM.png

opencore-2021-01-23-141119.txt config.plist

21 hours ago, antuneddu said:

USBInjectAll.kext? 

https://opencore.slowgeek.com/?file=coffeelake065OAwGc6&rs=coffeelake065    

you have to fix this             

• ResetLogoStatus = Yes but should normally be No

Hello!

Thank you for the suggestions.  I changed the reset logo status but that didn't change anything.  As for the USBInjectall, Dortania's guide says that skylake and newer shouldn't need it.  Having said that, i'll add it and give it a shot!

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

I have Coffee Lake...  I finally got to the install screen, looks like I wasn't being patient enough.  Once the verbose booting finishes and the screen goes black, it takes about 3 minutes before anything else happens.  At least I now got to the install screen so the process continues.  I'll have to figure out what is causing that huge delay.  Maybe changing over the DEBUG kexts to the regular versions etc will help. 

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!