Can I install macOS Mojave on Asus VivoBook 17 N705FD Whiskey Lake?

george-alexander

1 post in this topic

I want to install macOS Catalina or Big Sur on this laptop: Asus VivoBook 17 N705FD Whiskey Lake. I don't know if it's working. I've been trying for a few days but I coudn't get past +++ End randomseed error. Now I want to start from scratch. What I did before was to download from my mac mini macOS mojave, and then I used some EFI with Clover from one tutorial and after that I added/removed kexts and drivers.

I think the first problem was that this motherboard can use AHCI or Intel Something in bios. Right now I have installed Windows 10 which I wish to dualboot on my m.2 SSD. After I switched to AHCI, Windows got blue screen error and I couldn't manage to get pass that untill I changed it back to Intel something... from AHCI.

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X705FD

CPU: Intel Core i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz - Kaby Lake

RAM: 8GB DDR4 which I wish to upgrade in the following weeks if needed

SSD m.2: SanDisk SD9SN8W128G1102 (Windows 10 installed)

Hard Disk: ST1000LM035-1RK17 1TB 5400 RPM (I will replace this HDD with Samsung Evo 960 if I will manage to install macOS on this laptop).

Dedicated graphics: GeForce GTX 1050 (I know that macOS Mojave have problems with some Nvidia Graphics card, would I be able to use it in my hackintosh laptop?)

Integrated graphics: UHD Graphics 620 (If I won't be able to use my Nvidia dedicated card, this one will be able to run most common tasks and some photo/video editing?)

Wireless NIC: Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz (I know that this wireless card most probably won't work, but I do have another external wireless dongle which I know that's compatible and I can use)

Ethernet NIC: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Has anyone managed to install macOS Catalina or Big Sur on this kind of laptop?