HD4400 video driver crash

6 posts in this topic

After enable by Lilu and WhateverGreen with standart patching device-id = 12040000, frameBuffer = 0x0D220003 at HD4400 on ASUS B85M-K, i3 4130

DVI-D -> DVI-D connector

I have Quartz acceleration and transparent Dock with MacOS menus, but when I opening Terminal with "Homebrew" config, which uses transparent background - my hackintosh is unresponsible and image is freezing, blickling, and sometimes OS crashing

What I should fix? And what is indication? What to do?

Thanks

Edited by menangen
framebuffer

All looking Ok in IOReg on the iGPU front:

• you inject correct Azul platform id + correct desktop HD4600 id
  • I see 3 x output posts (FB@0, FB@1 and FB@2), all set as HDMI outputs and a screen connected to FB@1

The only oddities I noticed with your Clover setup are:

1. you're using iMac14,2 SMBIOS (though incorrectly so, it's incomplete). That model was fitted with Kepler nVidia graphics. I suggest you change your SMBIOS to iMac14,1 or iMac14,4 as those used iGPUs only.
  2. you've enabled AICPUPM kext patch; that's for Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge platforms so useless for your Haswell platform though it will do no harm; ideally, disable that patch.
  3. you've specified WEG's boot arg igfxframe=0x0D220003. As stipulated in the WEG documentation, this was/is for testing purposes only. You already inject the correct properties in the Devices->Properties section of your Clover config so remove that boot arg. It's not required.

Use Clover Configurator to adjust your config, especially for the SMBIOS info. Good luck.

Well, but I have NO HDMI on the motherboard, only VGA and DVI-D. So, I connected by DVI-D.
Should I patch framebuffer to DVI-D connection type?

Which framebuffer is better for DVI-D? May be "0x04260000" or 0x04060000 desktop for 256 VRAM?

Is better patch connector type in Clover Device Propetries tab for WEG?

Should I disable other outputs (DP, HDMI) by patch?