AirPlay + MacOS Big Sur Assistance

poorondaice

3 posts in this topic

Evening all.

Having some trouble with my Apple Macbook Pro (Early 2011 13" model) (yea I know its old hardware)

Anyway, having some problem where AirPlay isnt working even though its enabled to show in taskbar.

The background behind the device is I used a hackintosh version to upgrade it from High Sierra (supported end release) to Big Sur (unsupported).

OK so now Ive got Big Sur on the device and it's running but unfortunately AirPlay doesnt wanna work.

AirPlay is supported on the device because it was running under High Sierra but unfortunately I cant get it to run.

What information can I provide to you guys to try and get it to work. Can I produce any system reports to try and track the issue down and since Im a complete noob to this, is there any advice the community can give so I can become a more capable user?

I had AirPlay running before I upgraded it. I had High Sierra running on the device beforehand and AirPlay was working on it then.

I created a USB boot stick with Big Sur installation from a working Mac Air.

Changed the EFI partition so it uses OpenCore rather than standard bootx86.efi.

Created a config.plist to the right Mac Version (8,1) with the right serial number. Installed the right Kexts (Lilu, WhatsGreen) and a few other kexts.

I needed to get the DSTs just to boot everything as well which I did from the OpenCore website.

Then used that USB stick to install on a Macbook Pro.

Hope that gives it a bit more background and sheds some lights on questions.

Thanks for the support guys.....