Joining for desperate help! Responding to ping but no graphics

siulman

2 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

After some clover failures I was able "install" Catalina using OpenCore.

I am saying "it is installed" as when booting I can ping it from another PC in my LAN !!

However, not able to get graphics.

Build:

• Motherboard: Asus Prime B360M-A

• CPU: I5 9400F

• GPU: Sapphire RX 5500 XT Nitro+

• Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x8G

I properly used "agdpmod=pikera" as boot parameter but still same...

Hopefully you can help me here... :-(

That sounds like an issue with Lilu and/or Whatevergreen. Do you have any other means to boot into your Catalina drive, perhaps a VNC application or a rescue USB stick with Clover or OpenCore?

For starters, you'll need to make sure that you have matching versions of Lilu and Whatevergreen on your EFI partition under EFI/OC/Kexts and on macOS under [YourMacDrive]/Library/Extensions/ (Not System/Library/Extensions; make sure you don't have those kexts there.)

Next, look through your OpenCore's Config.plist file and make sure those kexts are activated under Kernel/Add. My attached screenshot should show what your Config.Plist should look like with those kexts activated. I used Propertree as the Plist editor, since that's what the OpenCore guide suggested.

Feel free to ignore the highlighted section. It's the whole Kernel/Add/0 and Kernel/Add/7 sections that you should look at.

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 12.52.27 PM.png

Edited by Foxy Gekkerson
Clarification to describe attached image