Missing MLB and ROM

pac-man

15 posts in this topic

I'm trying to switch from Clover to OC but I have a final problem because I got no MLB and ROM...

This is what I have specified in my config.plist:

2113650501_Bildschirmfoto2020-11-24um23_56_07.png.a7ba9ea9d68c6e886316f1b6d4839f8b.png

After booting with OpenCore Hackintool reports this:

1351578018_Bildschirmfoto2020-11-24um23_54_05.thumb.png.75ac51b25d111bf7886b9d8ef7e1d1ff.png

To be sure that ROM and MLB is missing I have also tried macserial:

942968286_Bildschirmfoto2020-11-24um23_53_40.png.02047218044092db17c992a921febde8.png

I'm not sure why ROM and MLB won't be avaliable...

Any suggestion?

45 minutes ago, pac-man said:

I'm not sure why ROM and MLB won't be avaliable...

Rom is your MAC address which you can find here (see attached) also run the GENSMBIOS.command script in 'Terminal' in the folder attached and follow the instructions that appears for all the data you need to populate your config.plist

• Like 1

Well, my problem is not to find these values.

My problem is I already have all necessary information as you can see in my config.plist but these values are not used after booting with opencore.

For the example (screenshots) I have created new values but also with the values from Clover the MLB and ROM these values are not used.

1 hour ago, pac-man said:

Well, my problem is not to find these values.

My problem is I already have all necessary information as you can see in my config.plist but these values are not used after booting with opencore.

For the example (screenshots) I have created new values but also with the values from Clover the MLB and ROM these values are not used.

Ok understood - From the pic you posted I noticed you have a specific value injected for Processor Type, is that absolutely necessary as OC handles this automatically with a recommended value, in OC this value is normally set as zero (0) which is transformed as Auto. I am not saying this is the cause of your problem but it would not hurt to change it.

PS - Try not to use OC Configurator to edit your config.plist as it very often inject unwanted data to the configurations. It is ok to use to get the data for Mac Models but nothing more plus OC Devs advised against the use of it, PlistEdit Pro is a good and safe editor for OC.

Edited by eSaF

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Ok understood - From the pic you posted I noticed you have a specific value injected for Processor Type, is that absolutely necessary as OC handles this automatically with a recommended value, in OC this value is normally set as zero (0) which is transformed as Auto. I am not saying this is the cause of your problem but it would not hurt to change it.

PS - Try not to use OC Configurator to edit your config.plist as it very often inject unwanted data to the configurations. It is ok to use to get the data for Mac Models but nothing more plus OC Devs advised against the use of it, PlistEdit Pro is a good and safe editor for OC.

Switching from Clover to OC started for me with intensive reading the opencore dortania's guide and using the sample config of the opencore package.

First of all the PlatformInfo section was very clean with only defined MLB, ROM, SystemProductName, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID which I have taken over from the clover config. After many times of changing values I have finally decided to use OC Configurator to find out what could be different between my manual steps comparing the configurator output. I only have taken over the result of PlatformInfo from the oc configurator, not any other config options.

49 minutes ago, Hervé said:

And we all assume that a Reset NVRAM was performed too... Kind of mandatory after such changes are made.

My bootloader on my Harddrive is Clover, but before I finally switch to OC I want to be sure that all is working with the new bootloader. So I decided to create a bootable USB Stick with opencore bootloader.

After every switching from starting with Clover to Opencore I have done this NVRAM Reset.

After switching back from opencore to Clover I have to reset the nvram of opencore using "sudo nvram -c"

Also I have many times tried to reset the NVRAM after significant changes whithin opencore changes and system reboots - without better result.

PS: I think the best would be to attach my entire EFI folder or do you think the config.plist would be enough?

Edited by pac-man

17 minutes ago, pac-man said:

I think the best would be to attach my entire EFI folder or do you think the config.plist would be enough?

Remove your personal data from the config.plist, zip and post the EFI Folder so that others will see if you have all the required elements to boot an OC EFI successfully.

12 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Remove your personal data from the config.plist, zip and post the EFI Folder so that others will see if you have all the required elements to boot an OC EFI successfully.

I will try to create the ZIP file as soon as I am at home tonight. But I will also have to remove some other elements like ressources for opencanopy because the file would be get to big...

22 minutes ago, pac-man said:

This is my used EFI folder: EFI.zip

I have removed the content of the Ressources folder and have switched back the PlatformInfo to "before OC Configurator" usage...

Sorry if I have missed it but I don't see any reference to what the specs of your machine are, which would help a lot to get an idea of the problem. I had a quick look at your EFI Folder and noticed your NVRAM/boot-args is blank. I am not an expert but you must be running one beauty of a vanilla machine not to require any boot-args but like I said I am no expert.

See attached:

Spoiler

1846710235_ScreenShot2020-11-25at17_31_34.thumb.png.5740df23330bc8fd01978e7d538df538.png1942625860_ScreenShot2020-11-25at17_45_00.thumb.png.fa8eb205c204f407d1832809418eaf7f.png

47 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Sorry if I have missed it but I don't see any reference to what the specs of your machine are, which would help a lot to get an idea of the problem. I had a quick look at your EFI Folder and noticed your NVRAM/boot-args is blank. I am not an expert but you must be running one beauty of a vanilla machine not to require any boot-args but like I said I am no expert.

See attached:

Hide contents

1846710235_ScreenShot2020-11-25at17_31_34.thumb.png.5740df23330bc8fd01978e7d538df538.png1942625860_ScreenShot2020-11-25at17_45_00.thumb.png.fa8eb205c204f407d1832809418eaf7f.png

I'm no expert but I think I don't need any of your boot-args:

-v is verbose (i don't need verbose output because my system is booting)

darkwake (I have no problem at the moment using power management or wake up problems)

alcid (I have defined my alcid by using a correct entry for that under DeviceProperties)

shikigva (My system does not support native DRM decoding and have no other gpu outside the intel gpu)

The system for what I'm trying to create a working opencore boot is a Gigabyte Brix GB-BRi5H-8250 ...

Edited by pac-man
  • Like 1

Sorry man I am out of ideas, I seem to vaguely remember sometime back there was a bug with some motherboards not displaying correct injected data way back possibly even before El-Capitan but I would think that has got to be a thing of the past as I have not seen anything of late pointing to that bug. Hope you find fix and good luck.

I was able to solve this problem. The problem was a wrong Quirks config for the Booter.

AvoidRuntimeDefrag was set to "false" and after changing to "true" all other NVRAM related problems are gone...

Btw. @eSaF, I can see that you are using csr-active-config with value 00000000. Don't you have problems with Airdrop? For me I have to disable SIP to be able to use Airdrop.

Please mark the topic as solved...

Edited by pac-man
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, pac-man said:

I can see that you are using csr-active-config with value 00000000. Don't you have problems with Airdrop?

No worries on that score, everything on my rig works like a real Mac. :thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler

1898369594_ScreenShot2020-11-25at22_33_31.png.4ce958fce0d7d8f9f85d5576c6279416.png

Ok this is really "off-topic" but what is the reason why you are having a working Airdrop without csr-active-config modification?

Note: with "working" I mean the ability to send files between the hackintosh and iPhone/iPad etc. not only the availability of "Airdrop" in Finder or to be find by the devices... - this is only possible for me with disabled SIP

Edited by pac-man