VDADecoderChecker fails rx 580 8gb

M9x3mos

4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Just finished the setup for Big Sur on a z170 Gaming 7 with a 6700k. Went pretty easily and just as smooth as 10.15 did as well. Running opencore 0.6.3.
Currently running into the same problem I did on Catalina. When I run VDADecoderChecker, I get the below error.

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Have tried setting different flags for the iGPU based on the dortania guide to no avail.

Anyone else run into this error?

Here is a sanity check on my config plist and everything there shows okay.

https://opencore.slowgeek.com/?file=skylake063FNrcWa&rs=skylake063

On 11/15/2020 at 11:28 PM, M9x3mos said:

Hello All,

Just finished the setup for Big Sur on a z170 Gaming 7 with a 6700k. Went pretty easily and just as smooth as 10.15 did as well. Running opencore 0.6.3.
Currently running into the same problem I did on Catalina. When I run VDADecoderChecker, I get the below error.

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473...

I never have been able to use VDADecoder in my system. Error as yours.

I see FullySupported in Hackintool / VDADecoder so I think I have hardware accelerated video encoding and decoding but I never could see VDADecoderChecker well working. 

On 11/21/2020 at 10:40 AM, miliuco said:

I never have been able to use VDADecoder in my system. Error as yours.

I see FullySupported in Hackintool / VDADecoder so I think I have hardware accelerated video encoding and decoding but I never could see VDADecoderChecker well working. 

Interesting. I'll give that a try and go through the other drm stuff. The apple tv test fails to play anything for me. Thought it was the vda problem.