OpenCore 0.6.3 hangs on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

cowwoc

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I just upgraded my computer to AMD so Catalina no longer runs properly under VMWare. I am aware that it is possible to make this work under VMWare 15 but I'd like to try OpenCore instead because I read that it works under VMWare 16.

My setup:

• OpenCore 0.6.3
  • AMD 3700x CPU
  • VMWare 15.1 (I will upgrade to version 16 once I get this working)

I followed the official OpenCore install guide to but the boot process always hangs on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

I followed the troubleshooting steps at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/extended/kernel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start but none of them helped. Here is my configuration:

• config.plist file
  • ACPI

• SSDT-EC.aml

• SSDT-USBX.aml

• Drivers

• HfsPlus.efi

• OpenRuntime.efi

• Kexts

• AppleALC.kext

• AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
    • Lilu.kext
    • NVMeFix.kext
    • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
    • VirtualSMC.kext
    • WhateverGreen.kext

Do you guys see anything wrong? What should I try next? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Upgrading from VMWare 15.1 to 16 got me past this error. Now macOS Utilities is crashing with:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '*** -[__NSArray0 objectAtIndex:]: index 0 beyond bounds for empty NSArray'

I've attached my logs. Any ideas?

opencore-2020-11-11-155635.txt

Installer Log 11-Nov-2020.txt

Okay, I got the OS installer to complete. Now I am supposed to copy the EFI directory from the USB to the hard drive EFI partition and boot without the USB. I used the Clover Configurator "MountEFI" tool but when I try to boot from the hard drive I get up to "[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]" and VMWare dies with "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. Power off or reset the virtual machine." Any ideas?

Again, this boots fine from USB but fails when booting from the hard drive.

image.thumb.png.3d922a78111d6ec265019b009b442d2a.png

Edited by cowwoc

• 2 weeks later...

Solved by https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/j0o5fq/opencore_on_amd_vmware_workstation/

Move EFI files from USB to Mac's EFI partition

• Mount EFI partition using MountEFI

• Copy the contents of the USB to the root of the partition

• Go into VMware BIOS and edit boot order. Add new boot option. Choose EFI, OC, Bootstrap, Bootstrap.efi and finally confirm. You can cleanup by disabling the other entries.

Edited by cowwoc