About Just Joined group Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gmb

[HELP] HP Probook 450 G1 - Intel HD 4600 - Intermittent and pitched HDMI Audio until enter and exit Sleep once

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I already tried all the possible guides, but I am not able to have working HDMI Audio on Mojave, it is high pitched and messy, however after entering and exiting Sleep once it starts to work (until a reboot or disconnecting/reconnecting HDMI cable). Is there anyone that could help me? This laptop had HDMI audio working on Mavericks.

IOreg report and Efi folder attached.

MAKK’s MacBook Air.zip

EFI.zip

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 20.41.11.png

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 20.42.05.png

Edited by gmb

Advertisement

There are several items in your posted EFI that raise questions in relation to a Haswell/HD4600 platform. For instance:

1. a CPU power management SSDT for an Ivy Bridge i3-31110M in the ACPI/patched folder; that will most definitely cause problems!
  2. a DSDT.dsl, i.e. the uncompiled source code, in the ACPI/patched folder
  3. a set of kexts limited to FakeSMC + VoodooPS2Controller in kexts/Other folder (with lots of other kexts, including AppleALC in kexts/off folder)
  4. many incorrect settings or settings that require substantial cleaning in your Clover config (eg: device properties injection for iGPU).
  5. the number and nature of on-the-fly patches is surprising. Those include active old/obsolete patches for AppleHDA. You would need to disable/delete those in order to rely solely on AppleALC-induced patches. Given that I saw no injector kexts for patched AppleHDA, I'm surprised you obtained working audio at all.

You'll have to fully explain how your Hack is actually setup. For instance, do you cache add-on kexts from /S/L/E and/or /L/E? I'm asking because, clearly, add-on kexts placed in kexts/Off are not used and I saw AppleALC (and many others) in there.

Yes, you are right, I noticed that too, I also know why that happend, long story... However I did reinstall everything and these attachement should be with everything correct. However the issue is still the same, until entering and exiting sleep the HDMI audio is not working.

I tried in 3 different Samsung TVs.

On the 1st: HDMI audio is pitched and intermittent until exiting sleep once

On the 2nd: HDMI audio is not working even if it's shown in the list of available audio devices

On the 3rd: HDMI audio appears briefly when unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable but then disappears from the list of available audio devices.

I also attached Library/Extensions folder screenshot

I had to remove FakePCIID HDMI Audio to have it work with the sleep workaround, if it is in clover/kext/others or Library/extensions, the HDMI Audio device doesn't appear in the list

CLOVER.zip

MAKK.ioreg

Schermata 2020-10-18 alle 22.24.20.png

Schermata 2020-10-18 alle 22.24.42.png

Edited by gmb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By leo32
      Hello everyone

i just completed my first hackintosh laptop with a hp probook 450 g3

one thing I have observed is that my fan seems to throttle. could you-all please check my efi folder to make sure i did everything right?

all help is appreciated

EFI.zip
    • By kali2000
      Hi again...
      I'm update to Catalina and my old config.plist to patch my laptop with new methods... all work fine.
      Only I have a little problem with may HDMI connection, when use it my laptop reboots.
      Please... Can anyone see my problem reporting files and tell me...
      Thanks in advance.

PD. I've noticed that I also have another problem, my laptop don't go to sleep.
      Files.zip
    • By Ten2Pwr6
      I've read a a bunch of threads from folks with the HP ProBook 470 G5... wanted to ask how things went or are going with their 470 G5.  I've just bought one and was thinking of putting High Sierra on a separate SSD drive... could you share your experience.
      ...24 hours later...

I went ahead and bit the bullet. I had an extra SSD drive with High Sierra already on it... seems like it's the UHD 620 giving folks a lot of headaches.  I read a bunch of threads and spent at least 8 hours or more trying THIS and trying THAT... I really didn't have much success.  Then I found a thread regarding the UHD 630 and it helped a lot... Google " Guide - Native Intel UHD630 Graphics support in macOS 10.13.6"

The SSD was installed with 10.13.1 ... so, I updated it to 10.13.6, and I used the 15,2 profile. NOTE: I wasn't able to install the Supplement Update (10.13.6) #1 or #2 ... probably because the drive doesn't have a recovery partition.  I looked at the pkg and sure enough it has a payload for the Recovery Partition... I'll work on that another time.

Regardless though, success finally.   I'm able to boot into High Sierra (10.13.6) with laptop's screen. I am still doing some tweaking.   It's says Graphics Display 7 MB, and it's lagging.

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p FHD - Full High Definition)
      Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
      Main Display: Yes
      Mirror: Off
      Online: Yes
      Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

I'll mess around some more and report back when I fix some more stuff.   Oh, apparently I have the Realtek card and not the Intel one... looks like the G5 has 4 different offerings. Who Knew? LoL.

Cheers.    

• By Gooru
      Hi, 
      My laptop : HP Probook 4540s 15" i3  8GB Intel HD4000
      Broadcom BCM94352HMB WiFi + BT

Please patch DSDT, help me.
      AML.zip
    • By giacomo.dessi2303
      Salve a tutti, possiedo il laptop dell vostro 15 3549 con le seguenti specifiche: Scheda Madre: Dell 07X77G Processore: Intel core i5-5200U RAM: DDR3 4GB Scheda Video: Intel HD Graphics 5500 Scheda di rete: Dell wireless 1705.802.11 Scheda audio: Realtek High Definition ALC3234

Attualmente ciò è quello che funziona e che non funziona: Audio (OK) WebCam (OK)
      Graphics (OK)
      Touchpad (OK)
      Keyboard (OK)
      WiFi (OK)
      USB (OK)
      Bootloader (OK)
      Battery (NO)
      Microphone (NO)
      Brightness (NO)
      Bluetooth (NO)
      SD Card Reader (NO)

Penso di aver bisogno di un dsdt.. qualcuno di voi potrebbe aiutarmi? Grazie in anticipo
      Cartella Clover attuale: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TQk-z2hWfNMZgmrj_xY5ZdA-1gtfNKB2
      DSDT Vergine: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HPFVYRVWGzj92bM_tFa0YvhioAISAiFF
      Hack Info: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DjP_ngYBdenkZYBqaEZ8NK3EPcjbsV8M
      IOREG: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RJSjj-LkYyV5483pDvWMqKLM0D0iOmEM