RX 5500xt no hdmi audio

7 posts in this topic

What do I need to do to make hdmi audio work? I already have the latest version of WhateverGreen in the efi folder, in the hackintool application it appears like this in the screenshot I sent, in the sound settings the hdmi audio output appears, but I can't increase or decrease the volume and it doesn't come out sound on the loud speaker of the tv that is connected to the pc, has any boot-arg that needs adc in the config.plist or has to inject something somewhere else? I tried to use a kext that I found researching about it called hdmiaudio.kext but without success, and I don't have speakers to use on the motherboard's sound output

Captura de Tela 2020-10-12 às 14.00.04.png

For HDMI audio, controls are restricted to the HDMI device itself. As such, no action/control from macOS outside the initial selection of the HDMI output device. So, once you've selected your HDMI audio output, you'll have to adjust audio level/volume on your TV set itself. Of course, you'll have to set your TV on/to the relevant HDMI input as well. Apologies if I mention the obvious.

Thanks for the answer, but even increasing the volume of the tv, there is no sound coming from macOS, I believe it is a driver problem or having to inject something somewhere, I have tried different versions of WhateverGreen, AppleALC, I tried to install both Catalina and BigSur to see if the problem solved, but without success, I read about injecting framebuffers to make hdmi audio work, but I don't know what that would be

In the end, it should be a matter of SMBIOS and/or graphics card property injection. If you have the HDMI device listed as audio output, it's a 1st step in the right direction. You should check your IOReg with IORegistryExplorer and see what codec/driver registers against the HDAU device (it's the expected HDMI audio output device as opposed to built-in HDEF device).