ALC887 not working (LILU+AppleALC)

000hhh

3 posts in this topic

Hello! I need your help.

I have Catalina installed and everything works fine but I can't get the sound working.

I'm using AppleALC.Kext + Lilu but as soon as I inject any ID number the computer doesn't boot.
(It boots fine without injecting any, the kexts are loaded properly and so is AppleHDA.kext).

I've tried voodooHDA but I can only get HDMI out but that's not a real solution.

The system just doesn't see the sound device Codec ID the way it sees the Nvidia built-in HDMI out and I think this is why voodooHDA just "provides" HDMI output.

I've seen this in the kernel boot log:

kernel[0]: (kernel) AppleALC       alc: @ failed to obtain device info for analog controller (1)

I use clover (5119) on a dual xeon rig:

- Huananzhi x79-8d (c602 chipset, Ivi bridge-E)

- Dual Xeon 2680v2

- 64 GB

- Quadro K2000

Thanks

DPCIManager.png

43 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Well... according to the motherboard's manufacturer, it's not ALC887 but ALC662!

http://www.huananzhi.com/html/1/184/185/378.html

Make sure you use the latest Lilu + AppleALC and experiment with the layouts listed in the wiki for that codec. Good luck!

I'm using the latest Lilu + AppleALC and I've tried all the layouts from the wiki with the same result: the system doesn't boot when I inject any number... it boots fine without injecting any.

I've tried every guide I've seen with no luck, this is my third Hackintosh and the harder to setup but I'm lost right now everything else is working fine, power management, USB3, ethernet...

Linux and windows recognize the sound device right away, I know MacOs is very picky but I just can't understand what's the problem & I hope someone from the forum can give me some advice.