(Whatevergreen) Dell 9010 AIO: Internal Display not seen as internal, backlight issues

MisterKeeks

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to Hackintosh my Dell 9010 AIO. I've upgraded the processor to an i5-3475S, so I have HD4000 graphics. I'm using OpenCore 0.5.9 and have Catalina on the system. 

My issue(s):

• No backlight controls on the internal display
  • Backlight doesn't come back on after sleep

I already needed to inject a custom EDID in order to force RGB display mode to fix color banding. You can see that patch in my config.plist. 

I think that macOS is seeing my display as an external display with no backlight control. In IORegistryExplorer, it shows up as "AppleDisplay", rather than "AppleBacklightDisplay". Additionally, in System Profiler, under Connection Type, it lists "Analog VGA or Analog Over DVI-I". My LCD panel is an M230HGE-L20. I don't think it's connect via analog, and I know the internal connection uses LVDS. 

Basically, how can I tell macOS that this is an internal display with backlight control connected over LVDS? I do have the SSDT-PNLF.aml in my ACPI folder, and I've also tried SSDT-PNLF-SNB_IVY.aml without success. 

I'm wondering if my PNLF device is different than expected and is not being patched properly. My original DSDT can be found in the "Results" folder of the uploaded EFI attached to this post. Still, that wouldn't explain why the display is recognized as AppleDisplay/Analog VGA, right?

If you have *any* ideas, please let me know. 

EFI.zip

ioreg, sysprof, config.zip