MSI GP75 Leopard 9SD: doesn't boot

SaadMac

1 post in this topic

Hey,

How are you all doing? i'm asking for a friend about the device mentioned in the title. in Speccy, it shows as Kaby lake, but it's Coffee lake. The config had to be re-done, because it was though to be the issue preventing from boot, but it didn't fix it. After that, we messed with the configs and tried some suggestions that people make, none worked. The SSDT for the monitor's backlight was updated after, and some other SSDTs were enabled that don't have anything to do with the USB booting, just to try. Anyways, it was thought that it was the CFG_Lock, we unlocked it, but that didn't work

That's long story short, the error in the log file is "AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]", in the Vanilla laptop guide it's mentioned that it's the same as the RandomSeed issue, but non of the suggestions worked. Lastly, speaking of the log file, is there a way to know when OpenCore is at what stage when booting? That would help diagnose the issue, there should be a model that shows the stage, is there one? To be able to tell whether there was progress or the last edit was unwanted

Which one of these do you think it is? What normally causes hardware incompatibility that prevents one from booting other than missing SSDTs to disable/configure/spoof hardware?

Missing SSDT?
Missing Kext?
SSDT conflict?
Kext conflict?
Wrong SSDT?
Wrong Kext?
Bios/config settings?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to the responses

Specs of this MSI GP75 Leopard 9SD laptop (model GP75437):

• Chipset: Intel HM370
  • CPU: Intel Coffee Lake i7-9650H 
  • Graphics: Intel UHD 630 iGPU + nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti dGPU (disabled by SSDT)
  • RAM: 40GB
  • Wireless: Intel 9560 JeffersonPeak 802.11ac card (AppleIntelWifi kext)
  • LAN: Atheros Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet (AtherosE2200Ethernet kext)
  • Storage: Toshiba & Sandisk SSDs

Please let me know if any important information is missing, I believe that the the sound and trackpad come later, but i'll ask my friend and post them if needed. Thanks again