IOUSBHostDevice::getDescriptorGated: compliance violation: USB 2.0 9.3.5: device returned more than wLength data

ewestland

1 post in this topic

So, I am unable to get rid of this error when booting up.  It mentions it has to do with my USB mic, a Logitech AK5370, but it could be any simple USB mic.  My USB audio recording is problematic.  Otherwise, my latest build works great. It's just this error that I can't seem to get rid of.

My basic build is a Gigabyte Z390 Designare, I9-9900K with 32GB DDR4-3600.  Without making this post too long, I've tried installing High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina with both Clover and OC.  I've decided those were not issues, so I'm sticking with Mojave/OC.  I build my own SSDT's and mapped my USB ports with Hackintool, then added USBPosts.kext. Otherwise, I have a great running machine.  I just can't record with a USB mic.  A regular mic plugged into the motherboard works fine.

My current BIOS is F9b, although I've tried earlier ones.  I believe I have tried every suggested BIOS setting twice, but that is not to say I've missed something.

Being a retired math/tech teacher, I'd grade myself a C- at Hackintosh knowledge, but not for lack of trying.

So, my question is, how do I begin to troubleshoot this "wLength" error?

Thanks!

2020-07-09_11-37-41.png

2020-07-09_11-36-55.png

2020-07-09_09-55-25.png

2020-07-09_09-57-48.png