VoodooHDA choppy sound/crackling sound on DELL E6500

konikoko

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of hackintosh and I tried my first install yesterday (High Sierra 1.13.6).

I used the following guide but with dosdude's High Sierra patcher: tutorial

The installation went well and I can boot into MacOS without any problems.

I noticed the sound was very choppy/crackling. I also noticed that the system time is delayed. After looking around on the internet I tried the following things:

1. Replacing the supplied voodooHDA version from the tutorial with the newest one (I deleted the old one in /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER/ and /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER/LE and replaced it with the new one)
  2. Using clover configurator to edit my CPU bus speed and CPU frequency in the clover config file
  3. In the Kernel and Kext Patches section of the clover config file: Enabling Apple RTC and Kernel Lapic
  4. Adding voodooTSCSync.kext (custom made with a configurator found on this forum) to /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER/ and /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER/LE
  5. Changing the kHz option in midi-audio configurator

All these things didn't change anything. Only changing kHz in the configurator made the sound a bit better but still choppy/crackling.

The time delay varies from 1-2 minutes.

Thanks for helping!

SPECS: DELL E6500 - CPU Intel P9700 - 4GB RAM - Nvidia Quadro 160M - Sound chip: IDT 92HD71

• 2 years later...