SOLVED - Catalina X99, MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, i7 6950X - Kernel Panics

Flavio1989

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I hope you’re all having a good day.

I’m trying to do a clean install on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5. But I’ve not been able to even boot into the USB installer.

My System Specs are:
_ASUS X99 Deluxe II
_intel i7 6950X Broadwell-E
_AMD RX 5700 XT Anniversary edition
_128GB of DDR4 RAM @ 2400MHz
_ASUS Thunderbolt Card
_Bootloader Clover r5119 (latest version)
_The drive I’m trying to install to is a NMVE Samsung 950 Pro

I’ve been trying for a couple of days as I was having some issues relating to the Memory Fix (AptioMemoryFix). But I solved those by changing the FakeCPU in my config.plst. I actually don’t know if it was that that fixed it since it’s together with a million other things I tried including trying to change boot loader to OpenCore. For now I prefer Clover.

Now the boot process is going quite a bit further but I’m having some Kernel Panics and reboots at the point shown in the picture. I tried googling the issue before bothering this forum and several things but no luck yet.

To troubleshoot the issue I’m currently doing the following steps:
_I disconnected all not essential drives, I only have the target drive plugged in
_I removed all the PCI-e Cards other than the GPU.
_I Used all the suggested BIOS setting (no OC or other extra)
_Left only 2 modules of RAM out of 8 in the correct slots (per MOBO manufacturer Manual)
_ALL external peripherals are disconnected. Just my monitor, keyboard and mouse
_the monitor is connected to the GPU via HDMI
_Plug the USB Installer into a USB2 port, and even creating another installer on a spare drive and connecting internally via SATA

I have a MacBook Pro where I can modify the EFI folder and do the necessary changes.

I must point out that the Hack was working amazingly for the past 3+ years with a GTX 980 Ti (last working OS High Sierra). Since I was having issue in booting into the installer from the start I ditched the old EFI folder and build a new one

I’m attaching the photo of my Kernel Boot and my EFI Folder.

If anyone can help me I’ll be very grateful. I bet it’s an extremely stupid fix I overlooked due to being tired.

Thanks in advance

KernelPanic.jpg

EFI_10_15_5_X99D2_i76950X_FB_23062020.zip

Edited by Flavio1989
problem solved
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE - it appears that I had to learn the hard way not to use Clover Configurator, I cleaned up the config.plst file with xcode and not at least I was able to boot into the installer. Hopefully there will be more successful updates.

UPDATE 3 - I'm having the memory issue again and I get stuck at boot at the string of ++++++++

The issue presents when I'm trying to insert more RAM modules and also adding their details to the config.plst file.

Right now I'm booting with 32GB of RAM, whenever I try to go higher (I started with other 2 modules so 64GB), the issue presents itself.

Any Ideas?