can't perform kext scan; no kext summary...

DeeAnn

1 post in this topic

I have searched for "can't perform kext scan", "kext scan" and "kext summary", but I was surprised that nothing appeared.

Anyway, I built my system 6 years ago and it runs without issue. However, I finally got to the point where it is imperative that I upgrade the operating system. I am currently on 10.9.4 and the system is defined as MacPro3,1. The current plan is to first upgrade to 10.12 as there was a copy of the Install MacOS Sierra app leftover on an older iMac that we have. However, the iMac is maxed out at 10.13, so I cannot download 10.14 or 10.15 and the 10.13 file was deleted in the clean up. After a successful 10.12 installation, I will continue to upgrade. iMac 14,2 is the closest match to my system, as I understand.

However, the current problem is a Kernel Panic with the message: can't perform kext scan; no kext summary. Various changes don't seem to have made a difference as it seems to hit the same error every time. Attached are the screenshot of the Kernel Panic and the config.plist file from the CLOVER folder. As previously instructed I edited the Boot Arguments and SMBIOS sections with Komodo Edit 12. There are 2 other config.plist files: one in the SystemProductName folder and the other in the UEFI folder. These 2 files are the same, but different from the one in the CLOVER folder.

So, how can I get this sorted out?

817349611_KernelPanic-June16.thumb.jpg.eebd4f18b4dee53d47f65b07f82e5fce.jpg

config - Clover Folder.plist

Edited by DeeAnn